Star Cricket HD showing promos in between overs :(

• Thread starter Thread starter Pratyush
  • Start date Start date
  • Replies Replies 148
  • Views Views 13,074
I think the problem is more to do with ridiculous prices paid for the rights. They pay more & then push ads in anywhere & everywhere to make sure they get profits.

There is a nail biting competitions between DTH Operators and profit is marginal whereas Channels are selling their telecast rights on high prices. This can be one of the reason for all DTH not having complete HD content available in India. And now after we have subscribed to costly HD channels, we are forced to watch irritating ads in between the matches.

yeah well thats what Ive been doing on this thread... countering that very argument isnt it. Well the broadcasters are well within their rights to show ads on their channel is all I am saying. One can advertise their product wherever they want. This is the broadcasters conscious judgement to find out how to promote their product best. And if customers like us start nitpicking or so to say nipping the product in the bud, you wont have any product to advertise people. I for one would not go back to SD stuff for reasons as trivial as seeing a promotional during the broadcasts. You cant have your cake and eat it too. I would like to add here that all my arguments are limited to the HD world only. I do not subscribe to the way Ten and Neo advertise on their SD feeds because there is obviously a limit to things. I am simply saying ESS aint crossing that thin line.

I agree with your last 2 lines .. im scared that they will cross the line sooner or later when ten and neo become full time hd channels .. tell me honestly dont you feel HD viewing will go for a toss if you see those L shaped ads that resize the screen ?? Im somewhat ok with ads inbetween overs to an extent but during play in HD .. Heck NO !!

I think the problem is more to do with ridiculous prices paid for the rights. They pay more & then push ads in anywhere & everywhere to make sure they get profits.

Completely agree with you...especially the rights sold for Indian Soil matches are very very high.....

The beneficiary is BCCI on this....

thanks ajuravi for the data: so basically we are talking bout 300k to 3.8mill customers(we are considering only Sky here. mind competition also exists). That is a huge difference. It therefore is obvious that 3.8mil customers each paying higher subscription (than our 300k customers paying lower sub charges) are getting better "ad-free" broadcasts as compared to India.

----------

@gaurang: I agree to your argument. We can only hope they dont stoop to such levels and maintain the kind of quality we have come to expect of ESS over the years.

I won't mind of all kinds of Ads in HD Channels including L shaped Ads if I have to pay Zero extra charge for HD Channels.

The indian data is pretty match old...and that was before WC.....I feel the HD customer base in India will easily beat the UK HD customer with in this year.....I feel that there is no one to challenge BSkyB DTH in UK....

eh? you mean 3.5 mil customers will subscribe to a "new" HD connection within the year? the projection in your india data was a 400,000 for 2012

Back