Sudden Slowness - BSNL Bharat Fiber Connection

• Thread starter Thread starter Gaurav_G
  • Start date Start date
  • Replies Replies 50
  • Views Views 3,225
ISP
BSNL
Hi,

I recently took one BSNL Bharat Fiber Connection. The speed is good while using Speedtest/Fast/other speed testing websites.

I am on 60 Mbps plan and get the full speeds everytime on speed test however randomly while using the internet (any website surfing/YouTube usage/general browsing) the website starts loading and stops mid-way. When I refresh, it loads instantly.

This is occuring on all my devices/across multiple routers. Changed the default DNS too but it doesn't help.

Any help?

Seems like configuration or load issue because it occurs occasionally after they changed to new BNGs recently. For now, I have changed to root servers for DNS and observing.

Is there any issue because of MTNL and BSNL Merger ?. In the south india almost every user is facing slow speed and high latency and also we are getting MTNL ip addresses

That's not an answer. Just a screenshot from who knows where. MTNL have their own prefix which will be easy to identify.

Also, you do realize that MTNL just operates in limited area and not whole India?

Last edited:
Yes, but Delhi and Mumbai have most major internet gateways hence while merging they'll have issues. Also, their routing will be messed up time to time in this process so technically 99% of my above response is correct and the rest 1% is any other variable.

I may be dumb to ask my doubt . BSNL has tier 1 isp upstream like Cogent,Tata communications (US),PCCW and HE ,NTT .but the international speeds are low and latency is worse. I get these upstream in most of the ip’s but I have experience most of the traffic routes through the Tata Communications (India).I’ve also faced some slow speed and slow performance issues on some ip prefixes

Last edited:

Back