Suggestions To Improve Tata Sky Service

dunno i have a feeling that they would take care of it for u for 12 months. that's for the STB atleast i think. dunno about the dish.

you buy the stb, so you own it. it comes with a 12 months warranty.the Tata Sky guys take care of the dish and all other equipment that is installed other than the stb whenever there is any problem.

get rid of the ownership of the stb as well :Dallow third party STBs... if the user wants to use it.

Ok..all points noted..in addition to this, I am also adding the pressing question of when we will get Sun and what they are planning to do about Neo Sports. With monsoon approaching I also want to understand how severe signal loss will actually be and whether anything can be done to reduce the problem (eg. provide a temporary shelter for the dish)

and i think the dish is generally water proof :D

[*] Could we also ask them to remove that annoying 8-digit number that flashes across sports channels.... very irritating.
[*] And this may not be so much up to them, as much as the channels, but I assume they have a level of influence on them: Get widescreen content.
[*] Bring STBs with hard disks and integrate them with their program guide, so as to enable automatic recording of shows.
[*] Their website does not work well in Firefox because their Active Whizkids flash bit somehow messes up the main menu links.
[*] Do away with prepaid vouchers, and instead have bills sent home. (How do Tata BB people pay their bills? Does Tata have dropboxes?) At the very least they should make an alternative mode by online payment via credit card.
[*] STBs should not just have composite-out but also component-out.
[/list]
I hope your friend doesn't disown you after this meaculpa ;)

Yes, the suggestion list is beginnning to look like a party manifesto:P I think some of these issues (like 'unlocked' stbs) are more in the realm of TRAI. And a lot will depend on what Reliance, Airtel etc. will do when they launch their services - if they change the market paradigm, Tata Sky will follow suit. I deserved to be laughed at about the waterproof dish :) but I really hoped that protecting the feed horn might at least marginally improve rain fade. As the alternative is to get my society to agree to install a large Tata Sky dish and most people here prefer CAS to Tata

Back