• Start date Start date
  • Replies Replies 12
  • Views Views 7,909
Status
Not open for further replies.

TATAScam

ISP
TATA - Paid but no services yet
Lot of people would be going through the same thing, or might have gone through, like Ajoy Eric Lal, I would like to post a similar problem.

Sent: Thursday, March 06, 2008 2:12 PM
To: [email protected],
[email protected],
[email protected],
[email protected],
[email protected],
[email protected],
[email protected],
[email protected],
[email protected],
[email protected],
[email protected],
[email protected],
[email protected],
[email protected],
[email protected],
[email protected],
[email protected],
[email protected],
[email protected],
[email protected],
[email protected],
[email protected],
[email protected],
[email protected],
[email protected],
[email protected],
[email protected],
[email protected],
[email protected],
[email protected]
Subject: Services not provided, neither refund

Hello,

I have paid in advance of Rs.6000/- for 6 months from 19th Jan for an unlimited Power On & On 6 -256 internet connection from Tata Broadband (VSNL), Since the inception I never got an uninterrupted service, but from Feb 20th, I have not received any net connection because of the dispute between Tata Broadband (VSNL) and Local cable operator, due to this lot of inconvenience and and mental touture has caused to me, I have been contacting the Customer Care on 022-60607070 since the disconnection, but all in vain, they just tell me that your querry will be solved within 24 hrs, but I never get any net connection, and they even close my ticket without informing me, sometimes they even say that your connection has been restored, but in real they have never visited my place to check the same. When I ask for refund, they say we do not provide refund, but when they are not providing me any services why should I not get my money back?

I have done some research online and I have found out that I am not the only one suffering because of this TATA SCAM, this kind of fraud is common all over India commited by TATA Indicom Broadband.

"The Consumer Disputes Redressal Forum at Bangalore has declared that TATA needs to compensate a complainant for "Deficiency of Service". The order was issued on 13th August 2007 (Complaint Number 1381/2007). TATA is to provide compensation to the complainant within 4 weeks from the date of its communication."
More.. http://clearway.blogspot.com/2007/09/judgement-pronounced-tata-vsnl-scam.html

I also tried to reach the Nodal Officer and The Appelate Authority or TATA Broadband, but in vain. Kindly help me.

Consequences : Rs. 6000/- which I paid in advance, also telephone bills to contact them for hours daily, long with mental touture and waste of time.
Regards,

Shah.
------------------

Date: On Fri, Mar 7, 2008 at 6:35 PM,

Dear Mr. Shah,

We sincerely apologize for the inconvenience caused to you.
With reference to your complaint, as per the feedback of our technical team local cable operator concern has been resolved and your connection has been restored.

Thank you for your time and patience.

For any further assistance, please feel free to contact Customer Service Tata Indicom Broadband ( the link contains the location wise contact numbers ) or mail us on [email protected]. We will be delighted to assist you.

Warm Regards,
Uday Kiran,
Customer Service,
TATA Communications.
------------------

[email protected],
Date: Fri, Mar 7, 2008 at 3:10 PM
Subject RE: Services not provided, neither refund

Respected Customer,

The issue has been reflected to concerned authorities for necessary action x tks rgds

Appellate Authority
------------------

Date: Sat, Mar 8, 2008 at 1:06 PM
Subject RE: Services not provided, neither refund

Dear Mr.Shah.,

Thank you for bringing your concern to our notice.
We have noted your complaint & we will get it resolved at the earliest.

Regards,
Nodal Officer
------------------

To Nodal Officer West1 , appell customerservice

Hello,

For your kind information, my connection has not been restored, I am still not able to get the net connection, kindly do not miss guide me or anyone else, I would like your executive to contact me personally and come to my premises and check the connection, then only you say that my connection has been restored, untill then do no claim anything, your technical team can say anything, they are not competent or else they would not give such information.

I am really frustrated of this behaviour, I cant stand it anymore. I do not get any net connection from your side from so many days, and again and again I get the same response that your connection has been restored, this is serious. Kindly give me a time period in which you shall contact me and my net connection get restored. I do not want to go to any court for this, kindly do not push me.

Shah.

Guys kindly help me out on this matter, anyone know how should I proceed? Should I go to Consumer Court / Forum? will it take lot of my time? Or is there any other solution to the problem?

My opinion based on my experience is that this will remain so for months. They will resolve the issue but again within a week it will start.So just apply for better broadband in the mean time while you are fighting with them because eventually after 6 months anyway you wud be going for new connection, so why not now? MTNL wud be my suggestion (as its good and cheap), but it might take time or you can go for Airtel.

go to the consumer court.. there is a time limit for all issues to be resolved.. they will probably get you a refund and some sort of compensation..but.. i suggest moving on to a different broadband company..

thx for ur replies guys..i already got Sify but its a limited account.. should i ask tata to temperorily deactivate my account untill it gets resolved? because i dont think its gona resolve in 6months. so in mean time my account will expire.. guys please advice..also, how do we let everyone know that to not to subscribe to TATA broadband services...

they will be happy to deactivate! they are not going to pay back in anycase unless u send them legal notice or take them to court. max they will say is we will give u 1 week extra to use. because as per there record problem was resolved within 24-48 hr everytime u complained.(even if in reality it was not resolved) but as per them its resolved means u were able to use net.

Out of the 1 week they will give the service still might not work for another 4 days.:p

Well ... I had simillar issues ... with TATABB. I called them .. wrote email ... ultimately I had to confront them ... when they had resolved with out confirming me that if its working or not. When I really pushed them their CC threatened me that you should probably forget the amount and go to another ISP.I reported the CC 's respnce to nodal officer in written, and withing 2 days the connection was back online. ..... I am just praying that it should last its full term or at least till EVDO is here in PUNE.

but i think the situation for me is little different, here the issue is bettween the local cable operator and TATA.. so they are not able to provide me connection.. but i am in the loosing end here.. cause i have paid tata in advance for six months.. any idea how should i go to the consumer forum / court? any help?

problem of tata with any of dealer is not ur problem. its tatas problem, but it shudnt cause u problem but its still causing u problem. if u can prove that in court u wud easily win the case.

well thanks for putting this up guys. i have been wanting to change ISP's from the past 2 months. and TATA indicom was my first option. but after reading this, i've decided not to buy the connection. Damn all indian ISP's suck :(

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back