Tata Sky DTH: For All Football Lovers!

• Thread starter Thread starter hitman050
  • Start date Start date
  • Replies Replies 117
  • Views Views 29,539
we really need zee sports - they've got quality football coverage now and the live CL games makes it criminal for Tata Sky to not show the channel.

Yes , we are short in the defence but i am fairly optimistic about the game. The obvious choice is Gilberto to slot in at CB and Sagna is back at RB so that means Flamini goes in central midfield. Though i wouldn't mind Lassana Diarra , a player i rate highly, to play alongside Cesc. But flamini's form will mean he will get the nod.

Diarra is quality. Young version of Maka in many ways. White heart lane should be buzzing for this one, and if Spurs lose you have to wonder what that will mean for Jol. Think he will get a performance out of his players here - so the Arsenal will have to do very, very well to get the points.

For Arsenal's great start you've only really beaten Fulham, Man City and Pompey at home. City are the only ones of the three who look like they can offer anything away from home, so I'm far from convinced yet. That said, the strikers appear to be looking for goal a bit more (rather than looking for that perfect pass).

So is it official that zee sports are going to show champion's league ? The schedule thing on their site is blank and i am still to see a confirmation. eidur22 , yes spurs should be our first real test but our passing and possession game will create chances in the game. We need to take our chances and be clinical. However i disagree about the strikers. Imo they need to shoot at goal more often when in shooting positions and that is the only way the likes of Adebayor and Van Persie are going to become clinical. Over elaborating has been a problem under wenger and i'm glad that it's starting to change.

So is it official that zee sports are going to show champion's league ? The schedule thing on their site is blank and i am still to see a confirmation.

eidur22 , yes spurs should be our first real test but our passing and possession game will create chances in the game. We need to take our chances and be clinical. However i disagree about the strikers. Imo they need to shoot at goal more often when in shooting positions and that is the only way the likes of Adebayor and Van Persie are going to become clinical. Over elaborating has been a problem under wenger and i'm glad that it's starting to change.

i think you misunderstood my post (or rather I didn't articulate it very well) - I agree with you about the strikers... I actually meant that's one of the things that makes Arsenal more threatening this season.
WHAT a strike from Adebayor today. Brilliant stuff. Spurs had their chances, though.

i think you misunderstood my post (or rather I didn't articulate it very well) - I agree with you about the strikers... I actually meant that's one of the things that makes Arsenal more threatening this season.
WHAT a strike from Adebayor today. Brilliant stuff. Spurs had their chances, though.
Apologies. It was misunderstanding on my part.

The match was simply incredible. We were the better team as expected but didn't take our chances. Adebayor was painfully wasteful and van persie was very quiet. The turning point of the game was the Toure tackle on Berbatov with Almunia caught up in no man's land. If he had scored it was game over for us.

Adebayor's equalizer was crucial and then Cesc stepped up with a stunning goal. Adebayor's second goal left me speechless. It had Drogba written all over it. However we did get lucky as our defence was a joke especially on set pieces and the finishing is still a major worry. Hopefully Eduardo Da Silva will address that issue as he is a prolific goal scorer.

A bit off topic. But you will surprised to find out that Setanta did not Live telecast the north london derby in U.K. They preferred the portsmouth - liverpool game which is a travesty imo. English Arsenal supporters on the Arsenal forum i visit were absolutely livid with setanta. People in Asia get to watch more live matches than the british and we should be thankful to espnstar for that. Imo the English FA have scored a massive own goal by distributing the television rights over more than four broadcasters. In an attempt to end the SKY monopoly they have heaped more suffering on the television viewers. Surprisingly this goes completely against the capitalism which EPL has come to represent. We are not far away from a situation similar to one in la liga where clubs like Real Madrid and Barcelona control the telecast rights of their home games and have a influence on the away games as well.

On a side note: The Buyern Munich - Schalke game on Neo Plus was telecast in no less than 142 countries around the world! The Bundesliga looks like it's really getting its act together.

For Arsenal's great start you've only really beaten Fulham, Man City and Pompey at home. City are the only ones of the three who look like they can offer anything away from home, so I'm far from convinced yet. That said, the strikers appear to be looking for goal a bit more (rather than looking for that perfect pass).

1-3, done and dusted. For our great start we are on the top of the table while Tottenham are testing waters in the relegation zone.

ciao

Will there be no telecast of EPL on Star Sports this weekend, because of Kingfisher Open?
They are showing 3 matches on saturday live including Wigan-Liverpool.

Back