Tata Sky HD DTH Set Top Boxes availability in the market?

I've placed an order to via their ivr yesterday night, can you share their park street number so that i can call and probably get them to expedite ?

Damn! and I have not yet received my HD STB ...hoping that I get it today :@

Perhaps, I should be calling the Pk ST number too - is this the number - 22895935?

So what about the HD picture quality? Also are you getting ESPN in HD too?

for both of u

Tata Sky introduce 2 new office at kolkata .
1 . at moulali and 2. another one is koikhali .

i first call park street ( ph no of park street office - 033 66105300) and told them if i not get my hd box today then i will surrender all my 2 set top box .
after that MR Bhowmik call me from Moulali ( ph no of Mr Bhowmik - 03365360730) and told me that ur set top box is ready .
then i got my hd box at about 10 pm night .

engineer came from koikhali office named irfan ( his ph no - 9007009272) .
the engineer told me that he has no knowledge of hd :madness: so i just connect the new hd box via hdmi .after connect download the software activate the new digicard over ph by giving set top box no and digicard no and then again call customer care and activate the gold hd pack and get the hd channels .
there are three channels named - ESPN HD ( AVAILABLE TO VIEW WHEN WORLD CUP MATCH RUNNING ) ,National geographic HD and Discovery HD World ( full time channel) .

Picture quality is awesome in my 32 inch Bravia Lcd and as well as other normal sd channel picture also improved due to hdmi .

i deactivate my 2 nd connection and activate the HD Set top box as a third connection and transfer the 2 nd connction to one of my family member without any cost .
this offer applicable only existing customer .
thanks .

Hey just be careful they promise 48 hrs hope they deliver, I have been taken for a royal joyride by TATA I must tell you they should be called BYEBYE Hey.. Thanks for the info :dance:

SO, basically there is no confirmation about HD in Bangalore for now !

I just called customer care. As per what the guy there said, it is not yet launched in Bangalore. But he seemed to be reading from the website... :rolleyes: So not sure if it is accurate info. Anyone got confirmation of availability in Bangalore?

Called Customer Again today(Monday) afternoon, but no luck. They are very good at using the word "shortly", but there is no definite dates planned and shared with customers. Also visited Pai International and found that they are going to get the HD digicomps in 2 days.

As now we know that HD STB is available in Kolkata also, then why is the official site not updated ?

I got Tata Sky HD box today. Very few dealers have it in stock. Modern World told me over the phone they had it but by the time i reached, someone had already got it (they had only 1 box). Then i got a call from Pai International that they have 2 boxes in stock in Marathahalli. Went and got one.

Here they are -

http://img10.imageshack.us/img10/2599/img0584eo.jpg

http://img231.imageshack.us/img231/4179/img0585zr.jpg

The box has 1 HDMI, 1 Component & 1 Digital Audio Output.

@ Ethan Hunt: Thanks for the pics and updates buddy!!!Cant wait for Tata Sky to launch the HD boxes. am planning to get it from Pai. BTW, i have some doubts regarding this.1. Price and warranty on the STB2. Does it come with a new Digicard inside the Digicomp3. Does it come with a new LNB (the one goes on the antenna)I've been keeping track of TS HD for last 1 week on several forums. Recent post says that there are some change in Cabling and LNB required for the new HD STB. I mean connecting the HD STB to the old cable> dish > might work, what if the new STB is providing a different voltage to the LNB module, which might blow out the LNB on a long run? What if the old cable's EMI shielding grade is not that good enough to meet the HD quality standard ?Can someone provide info???Regards_ Anup

Back