Tata Sky HD DTH Set Top Boxes availability in the market?

Got my HD STB installed today - however the HD Gold pack is yet to be activated. They said that it will be activated within the next 24 hours.

Can't wait to see how the HD channels look like - especially the WC in ESPN HD

hey dont wait call cc and activate it .
mine was taken only 5 mins to activate .

So the 'engineer' came to my place and asked me to call CC to get the 1 yr free HD gold pack. The people at CC tell me they have taken a request and will activate in 24 to 48 hours. Did you guys also face a similar problem. This is an add-on multi room connection not a new one.
Me too going through the same scenario.
I got the setup box from Pai, Indiranagar around 3PM today, connected it myselef and called the CC and they refused to activate my setup box. After 1 hour service guy called for fixing the appointment for installation, so I said I have already installed it, just activate the setup box. He did something and I got all SD channels and Rs.1000 deducted my from Tata Sky account as installation charges(Am I looted here?) - he said to activate HD channels call CC to get the HD gold pack subscription. I called CC and they said it will 24hrs to activate.

---------- Post added at 10:02 PM ---------- Previous post was at 10:01 PM ----------

For the time being. I have all the non-HD TV channels but no HD channels. Sad :(
Me too :(

hey dont wait call cc and activate it .
mine was taken only 5 mins to activate .

I called up the CC - but they said that since it is a new connection it will take 24 hours to get the HD pack activated

BTW, can you give me the number you called to activate the HD pack? Maybe I can give it another try

---------- Post added at 10:57 PM ---------- Previous post was at 10:53 PM ----------

I just now called again and they said that it will be activated within 24 hours :(

Finally, I am using HD now :-) Purchased the HD Digicomp from Pai International Indiranagar today and it got activated in the evening. Spoke to engineer on phone and did installation it myself. When you switch on the box for the 1st time, it does some First Time Installation process, which takes 5-10 minutes. We need to choose all default options. Once done, I called the engineer and he activated my New HD Digicomp. He told me to call Customer Care and get the HD Channels activated. I tried reaching Customer Care, but was getting Hold music. Tried going through channels, and noticed that HD Channels are already active! :)

Finally, I am using HD now :-) Purchased the HD Digicomp from Pai International Indiranagar today and it got activated in the evening. Spoke to engineer on phone and did it myself. When you switch on the box for the 1st time, it does some First Time Installation process, which takes 5-10 minutes. We need to choose all default options. Once done, I called the engineer and he activated my New HD Digicomp. He told me to call Customer Care and get the HD Channels activated. I tried reaching Customer Care, but was getting Hold music. Tried going through channels, and noticed that HD Channels are already active! :)

Can you kindly check your Tata Sky account for installation charges? They have deducted 1000 from my account.

@samueldotj - Sorry to hear that your account was charged by Rs.1000. Mine is Mega Annual Pack and I don't see any change in my balance "yet".Just noticed that my existing Actve English channel doesn't work. It says that this channel is not supported in my digicomp and will be available soon.

BTW, here they said that the new HD customers would get 2 months of SS pack - and 2 months of ESPN & Star Sports, Lifestyle Gold and HD pack Tata sky HD offer

But the sales guy told me that new customers would get:-

3 months of SS pack
2 months of HD Gold
2 months of ESPN/ STAR

...they didn't mention about the 2 months of Lifestyle Gold free - any news on that?

Back