Tata Sky HD DTH Set Top Boxes availability in the market?

I called up the CC - but they said that since it is a new connection it will take 24 hours to get the HD pack activated

BTW, can you give me the number you called to activate the HD pack? Maybe I can give it another try

---------- Post added at 10:57 PM ---------- Previous post was at 10:53 PM ----------

I just now called again and they said that it will be activated within 24 hours :(

BTW, here they said that the new HD customers would get 2 months of SS pack - and 2 months of ESPN & Star Sports, Lifestyle Gold and HD pack Tata sky HD offer

But the sales guy told me that new customers would get:-

3 months of SS pack
2 months of HD Gold
2 months of ESPN/ STAR

...they didn't mention about the 2 months of Lifestyle Gold free - any news on that?

here is the right offer for you ( new customer ====means absolutely new customer no other type of stb hold by the customer )

Super Value English Special + Lifestyle Gold + ESPN & Star Sports + HD Gold

Tenure = 2 months free

i am an existing customer .
that's why my activation was done within 5 mins .
dont know about new customer .
thanks

I just called CC and they repeated backend team will do it in 48hrs; also they confirmed installation charges are applicable to all customers. Can you kindly confirm your pack?

Their website says there is no installation charge
Tata Sky HD

So called CC again and quoted their website and they agreed to revert back the transaction :).

Its available all over now. Ads also coming on tv. I picked up mine from Pai electronics, Bannerghatta road, but all other Pai stores around the area also had it. The sales guy said the stock arrived yesterday evening.

Thanks for the update. Mihir
I was worried about the compatibility of the old LNB with the new STB.

I called up the local Tata Sky office today, and asked about buying the HD STB from outside. He said i can do it, but i would be as a new user. i will have to use my old STB as a second connection. (means i will not get the HD gold pack 1 year free offer )

I was told by CC that you can merge the previous account with the new one. That should entitle one to the 1 yr free HD subscription?

---------- Post added at 10:43 AM ---------- Previous post was at 10:39 AM ----------

Finally, I am using HD now :-) Purchased the HD Digicomp from Pai International Indiranagar today and it got activated in the evening. Spoke to engineer on phone and did installation it myself. When you switch on the box for the 1st time, it does some First Time Installation process, which takes 5-10 minutes. We need to choose all default options. Once done, I called the engineer and he activated my New HD Digicomp. He told me to call Customer Care and get the HD Channels activated. I tried reaching Customer Care, but was getting Hold music. Tried going through channels, and noticed that HD Channels are already active! :)

Lucky you. I got my box installed and activated yesterday, but they have asked for 24 hours time for "backend" to activate the HD channels. I thought I was already speaking to the 'backend' when I called customer care. Anyways, no HD yet, and I cant wait for 24 hours to finish! :)

I got the box from Pai International Indiranagar. Connected it up myself. All seems fine. Now waiting for the engineer to come and activate. Has not called till now :(

ITs been 48 hours since i got the box. Still no HD. Spoke to CC and their manager they keep asking me to wait.

Tried my luck again- called cust care and asked them if they can activate the HD. (Basically they just need to add the HD Gold pack, but since its all so very new, there is no option to add it manually or over phone). The rep put me on wait for a few minutes, and viola! HD goodness started pouring through!! She got back on the line and told me its not possible for her to activate! I guess I was lucky, not sure if she enabled it accidentally, or the backend switched it on at exactly the right time I was on the call. Anyway, lovely PQ, but sound is pretty damp I think. Maybe I need to tinker around the settings a bit.

Got the HD Box activated now. I had called CC yesterday evening and engineer turned up today evening as promised. He did not have much idea on the HD box but got the job done. For me they activated by taking the digicard from the old box and inserting it into the new one. Then the backend enabled it with the new HD box. I am on the annual Mega pack and hence the HD channels were already available. No follow up was needed for that :happy:I also connected the digital audio out to my home theater and all HD channels are coming with 5.1 surround sound(Even Wimbledon) So a great day today :)

Back