Tata Sky HD DTH Set Top Boxes availability in the market?

@anup1. 2599/- Warranty is 1 year.2. Yes, it comes with a new digicard. You have to get it activated by calling up CC.3. No new LNB. The TS engineer will just come and connect it to the same wiring. If you want to use the existing settop box for multi-room, he will run another wire down from the dish. Hope it answers your queries.Mihir

I bought the HD box today from Pai Electronics Marathalli (Thanks for the tip). The guys there told me that they had recd. 5 boxes and all are now sold out. The installation is scheduled for today evening. If the 'engineer' does not come I plan to install myself. Can someone tell me if the ESPN HD is part of the Gold pack?

Yes, ESPN HD is part of the Gold Pack. If the guy doesnt come today, you will be out of luck. The new digicomp will not be activated unless the engineer comes.

Yes, ESPN HD is part of the Gold Pack. If the guy doesnt come today, you will be out of luck. The new digicomp will not be activated unless the engineer comes.

Thanks!!

What is the the great thing the engineer does? Isn't it simple? Can't we remove the old digicomp and connect the new one to TV? and then Call the CC to activate? Has anybody did this or is it mandatory for the engineer to visit home?

I tried to do it yesterday. No channel would come on the HD Box as the digicard is not activated yet. CC refused to activate until engineer visited. I tried escalating but that also didnt help. You can probably give it a shot though.

Got my HD STB installed today - however the HD Gold pack is yet to be activated. They said that it will be activated within the next 24 hours.Can't wait to see how the HD channels look like - especially the WC in ESPN HD

@anup

1. 2599/- Warranty is 1 year.
2. Yes, it comes with a new digicard. You have to get it activated by calling up CC.
3. No new LNB. The TS engineer will just come and connect it to the same wiring. If you want to use the existing settop box for multi-room, he will run another wire down from the dish.

Hope it answers your queries.

Mihir

Thanks for the update. Mihir
I was worried about the compatibility of the old LNB with the new STB.

I called up the local Tata Sky office today, and asked about buying the HD STB from outside. He said i can do it, but i would be as a new user. i will have to use my old STB as a second connection. (means i will not get the HD gold pack 1 year free offer )

So the 'engineer' came to my place and asked me to call CC to get the 1 yr free HD gold pack. The people at CC tell me they have taken a request and will activate in 24 to 48 hours. Did you guys also face a similar problem. This is an add-on multi room connection not a new one.

---------- Post added at 10:02 PM ---------- Previous post was at 10:01 PM ----------

For the time being. I have all the non-HD TV channels but no HD channels. Sad :(

Back