The average Broadband in Goa-Kerala

• Thread starter Thread starter ocon
  • Start date Start date
  • Replies Replies 10
  • Views Views 5,934

ocon

ISP
6 mbps
Hello all of you!I am Spanish and i am planning going to India to Live during 1 year.I would like to go some place, city or town in the west coast betwen Goa and Kerala but since i need Internet conection for my Job all the time i wanted to know your opinion about it.Which is the average of Broadband in India or in this area?And the price for an unlimitted plan?Is easy to find internet in a normal rental house or is it not?Thanks for your help about the broadband and every comment about the best area to live around there is welcome!Rafa

hola rafa,Tell us more about your requirements, wired or wireless.You can get 256kbps unlimited plans at around 750rs (~12 €) from various providers.Its not really normal in a 'rental house' to have an internet.Its also important where you are going to live,In rural areas you wont get much options other than bsnl.

Actually i would need the higher speed possible for internet and if is available, Wireless but not necesary.What means bsnl?If there is not Adsl installed in the palce where i am going to live, what do i need to install it? Thanks for your help!Rafa

Hi,You need to choose between wireless and wired.BSNL is wired ADSL. Your second option is Airtel wired ADSL subject to availability.You have 4-5 options in wireless - TATA Indicom Photon+, Reliance Netconnect+, BSNL EVDO, etc. All these are 2.4 Mbps EVDO services. I'd suggest TATA Indicom.But as you know wireless ain't as reliable as wired. So your first preference should be wired. :)

Don't know about goa.In kerala ,most towns have BSNL broadband connections as well as Asianet dataline(private).While in Kochi(cochin) city and may be in Trivendrum or calicut ,Airtel,tata indicom does provides service.Heck ,some Hotels provide wi-fi(or wi-max??) as well(south park hotels ,trivendrum).

bsnl is a internet provider.2Mbps is normal max speed you can get from these providers,but its going to be very expensive if you need unlimited at that speed.Again how much options (providers) you will get depends on the location.

It would be difficult to get an internet connection from BSNL(govt ISP) if your not an indian national. If your settling in some rural area, then it would be difficult to find a "wired" private ISP like TATA or AIRTEL. If you have an indian friend then ask him for help regarding the required documents for subscription.

Average speed in india is not definite but id say 2mbps is average. Check price below.

For phone + Broadband Package
New Page 3

For just broadband package (phone rental extra)
New Page 3

My friend who is from US is roaming around the country. He is using airtel cellular connection and is using his mobile phone as a modem to get his laptop connected. He is getting around 150kbps consistently and is able to check office mails and use office communicator. He is spending most of his time in state capitals, where airtel connectivity is not a problem.

Thanks all of you for your help!I think i can get a good idea with all these information, probably i will stay somewhere around Goa, do you know wich are the providers there.Thanks, Rafa

I use an Airtel Prepaid GSM SIM (w/ Nokia Phone or Huawei USB Modem)
"Unlimited Daily GPRS" Plan for Rs25/Day

Get around 205kbps (25KB/s) average in North Goa.

Back