Vodafone SIM Card and Roaming

• Thread starter Thread starter Crazysah
  • Start date Start date
  • Replies Replies 55
  • Views Views 27,352
no idea. som1 getting new SIM or replacement wud be knowing.

YES,The VF shops now give only NEW VF red&white SIMs for new connections.......my friend has got one.No confirmation about the replacements!

How to get a new sim from them ?I think they should replace the old SIM card .Especially for Sony Ericsson users .

they wont replace unless SIM is faulty and they admit it.btw why Sony ericsson?

@amish:The thing is people with SE phone are not able to change their loge from Hutch to Vodafone because SE phone doesn't allow to change operator logo.

No Max, even replacement sims are branded, u must have replaced when any transition was in progress...........(Orange to hutch or hutch to vodafone) bec in normal scenario even replaced sims are branded....................

No, I got my SIM replaced the last time I changed from prepaid to postpaid. At that time, Hutch was hutch. It was neither rebranding itself in Mumbai nor was it transitioning to Vodafone. I guess it depends on the stock that the shops have.

are you saying that all replacements are blank????
Coz I got my card last replaced after the rains of 26/7 and back then it cost me Rs99(2 days after I exchanged it they put out an ad saying we will change SIM free of cost :( )
and I was given an Orange Branded SIM

Yes, 'cuz at that time Hutch was still known as Orange in Mumbai.

@stugeop logo is not that critical thing that vodafone wud replace SIM for free just for that. afterall it costs them some amount.

they wont replace unless SIM is faulty and they admit it.

btw why Sony ericsson?

@stuge
op logo is not that critical thing that vodafone wud replace SIM for free just for that. afterall it costs them some amount.
So,It will be still "HUTCH "for me synthetically
:hysterical::hysterical:

i had gone today to the Vodafone Shop to change my prepaid account to a postpaid one. i expected them to give me a nice new sim with the Vodafone logo on but here's what i got. :(
http://img227.imageshack.us/my.php?image=28092007002vf9.jpg
it doesnt have a single thing written on it, not even postpaid. :P
it had a different number on the envelope, the 9833* series, they must trying to get rid of the "blank sim" stock. so they must have given me this one since i wasnt taking a new connection. i think the newer 993* series has a Vodafone logo on it.

Which VF shop did u get it from?
The Borivali VF shop is giving out the VF branded Red and white SIMs for new connections

P.S:
I never got any envelope on 15th sept.........They just gave me the new SIM with POSTPAID written on it at the counter.
Did not check my old sim.............did not take it back..........
All I said was my SIM contacts seem worn out,sometimes I get the "Insert SIM message",
and the guy quickly pulled out a form;wrote my SIM and Mobile number on it;
asked for my Sig;Signed his name and told me to take
the replacement from the cash counter LOL
Simple as 1,2,3....But the last time it was all questions
how long has this been happening?have u tried in another handset?Did u take the sim out and scrape it or something?????????
But there were 2 decks of cards,one had Postpaid and the other Prepaid written on it

Back