VOIP softphone setup with just ONT and nothing else.

• Thread starter Thread starter sloj
  • Start date Start date
  • Replies Replies 63
  • Views Views 12,430

sloj

Observer
ISP
BSNL

After this was posted, I looked again at my voice WAN config and realized its Service Mode was set to VOICE. So I changed it to VOICE_INTERNET and voila I can ping the voice gateway but not SIP server. So a static route needs to be made. Network -> Router -> Static Route and do the necessary changes.

Capture.JPG

Destination is the SIP server address, Gateway is voice gateway. And we are connected.

Things I did differently than the linked post. Disabled SIP under Application -> ALG configuration. Routers SIP ALG - VoIP-Info.

Updated Here

Last edited:
You know you can make a single post consisting of text and picture instead of making two separate post, right? Now, back to the issue. Seems fine to me. This shouldn't mess anything unless you did something else too. I suggest go the hard reset route. Make sure you have all the configuration details to setup the connection back up again.

Upvote 0
Earlier you didn't get audio?
My scenario , I don't have voice_internet or voice in my onu, I tried setting 1831 vlan as internet.
Initially I lost internet connectivity and got it back by changing default gateway.

I can ping voice gateway from pc after adding static route can ping sip server too.

Zoppier UDP green
TCP UNKNOWN

I can recieve call but no audio.

Yate
Both can recieve and dial call still no audio.

Any clue? Is there any codec issue? Or firewall blocking ? My ont doesn't have any alg or sip settings

View attachment 3202

I have audio now. I repeat, I have AUDIO now. No mic at the moment so cannot confirm on the other side. But I can hear.

Don't know what I did, so will have to trace back my steps. LOL. I had a headache trying to figure out things, so left it all as it was a few hours ago and went for a cool bath and then dinner. Got back infront of the screen and installed YATE, setup my user details and magic happened. Enough for now. I have to finish watching The Big Bang Theory. Later.

Upvote 0

Back