• Thread starter Thread starter Jaymin
  • Start date Start date
  • Replies Replies 50
  • Views Views 7,094

Jaymin

A Big Fan of IBF
ISP
Reliance Wired Line
Hi friends, i am facing a wierd issue with Internet in Win XP SP3.

I can browse the internet properly. But i cant update my NAV, i am not able to use a VOIP Software named VOIP Stunt. Neither is torrents working.

I am not able to makeout whats wrong......browsing is ok, but the apps arent connecting to the net!

----------

C'mon.....anyone?

Actually I faced the same connectivity issues with Windows when I installed Linux.I removed Linux and Windows started working fine.But, the issue related to task bar and task manager, could be a virus "could be".Your antivirus issue got fixed or is it still working on old definitions?

Not only that.....generally viruses dont allow u to download Antiviruses. But i am downloading NAV again.....its going fine, and nearing completion.

And the other day i had even run a full system scan, which showed that the system was clean.

----------

NAV isnt updating & neither is VOIP Stunt connecting to the internet.

And yes Norton isnt working right now, thats why i am downloading it again just to test out.....

Ok, i think this shud be a Virus.Coz when i clicked on the installation file, it gave me options for "Uninstall". Which means NAV is there, but that virus is blocking it. I better now format Windoze!!

if you have NAV installed and you try to run its installer again, most modern installers recognize the existing installation and would give you the option to repair/remove it. if you think your system is infected, and your existing antivirus is not working... well you have two options... reinstall windows :D or use some recovery disk based antivirus engine.

I dont think that wud have any effect. Coz i forgot to mention a few other issues........I wen to Safe mode, and there too this issue was there. If Safe Mode has that issue, then i think a different user wont help.Lastly, System Restore didnt work. WHen i tried to open it, it mentioned "System restore is not able to protect your computer. Please restart your computer & then run System Restore again."

Linux is installed on Drive D, whereas Windoze is installed on Drive C.

But this is really pathetic. Despite of having 1 of the "leading" AV suites installed, i am faced by a Virus. What is the "premium" they give me for the fees they charge??

----------

Oh, its 202 MB!! I think i better format Win at the moment, and have that thing for some other time!!

Back