Which is the best Android Phone- Budget Max 15000/-

• Thread starter Thread starter saurabh_g
  • Start date Start date
  • Replies Replies 151
  • Views Views 31,761
I wanted to know another thing......An Android phone with a decent camera - say about 3 or 4 MP - does it come withing budgets of 15k or so?? But when i say 3 or 4 MP - i expect that it gives a similar performance like that of N78's 3.2 MP camera, which has Carl Zeiss Optics......There these minor apprehensions that i have before i jump on to the Android Bandwagon!!

Avoid O1 if u want a good cam fone - it doesnt take good snaps IMO. You could look at the Xperia X10 mini (5MP - seems decent enough) 12K

^^^^thanx for the opinion.But the point for me asking is - i am not planning to get 1 as of now......but just wanted to know a few things that are important for me.Thanx!!

Ok...Coming to the Android Vs Symbian debate...I am myself using a Nokia 5800 XM phone & needless to mention I am enjoying my phone. Yes, I must admit that the software of the phone does lag at times, otherwise I am happy with my phone..!

Yeah, right now even i am happy with my N78....just that i am not getting really cool apps that i used to get before.....and for Touch screen ones - have not heard much in favour of any Symbian phone, except for N8.....But there again - if i get it, i wont be getting apps regularly. Forget about apps, i wont even get to know how to "Manipulate" with it, to get Unsigned apps running.......i got that easily when i got N78.....but now that Dotsis is down, i am not getting a safe & dependable alternative.....I tried its clone - Dotsis 360.....but what a tragedy it was - i registered there, and till date, i havent received any confirmation mail from them - As a result, i am only allowed to sign in - and then do nothing!!As far as Ovi store is concerned - well its just an old thing with a new name......earlier Nokia used to allow to get apps from their own site - Useless ones were free, and the ones that offered some utilities were at a cost.....Now its Ovi that does it.....Getting very enthusiastic, i registered there & found that it was nothing but a sham - u cannot get useful apps for free.....why do we fall for Symbian then??Any Symbian guy listening?? Alarm bells are ringing for u.....a Symbian loyalist like me too is thinking of jumping to Android.....thats when i do buy a phone though!!

Nokia has themselves discarded symbian. the sooner you understand that the better :D

they have discarded alright....but do we have any affordable Meego fones from them (I think thats the only new OS that Nokia is thinking of) in the market with support for many useful apps, and of course good Hardware - depending upon the maker......If yes, then i can think of that too.....PS: When i say affordable - i mean somewhere upto 14k-15k....thats the limit for me!!

i would believe that in that budget, Nokia would continue to stick with symbian. they are going to use meego for their high end devices.

Thats what i say.....
There was a time when i didnt think beyond Symbian......but today things have changed. And for a mid-range market like this, they will be losing out a lot......When a customer doesnt get useful apps without paying for it, then he/she (mostly He) will surely look for better options which meets his needs.

just for a case - they give Office Suite as a complimentary thing along with their mid range fones - i too got it & was happy.

But when i used it to create a doc - needed to do it urgently - i got a shock - it said that it was a "Demo/Trial" version & i need to purchase the full version, if want to create and save docs/spreadsheets/whatever......

Thats just pathetic.....u take so much money & TEASE ur customers in this way??

---------- Post added at 11:54 PM ---------- Previous post was at 11:52 PM ----------

Then as per my habit, i hurried to Dotsis, to of course get things going.....u cant expect someone to shell out money for an Office Suite for Mobile!! ;)

well the good news is that almost all new smartphones come with a webkit based browser (except for WP7. hah!). and these browsers are capable of running the google docs suite with creation mode enabled.

Back