Airtel Broadband: 1mbps ul for 1699 2mbps ul for 2999

• Thread starter Thread starter chetanhooli
  • Start date Start date
  • Replies Replies 472
  • Views Views 74,981
I got it too!

It went this way:

2 weeks back, I received a call from Airtel guys offering me 2 mbps at 200 more ( 1 mbps ul was 2222 + tax). I accepted their offer, but the plan didn't change to 2 mbps. I decided to call up the Airtel CC a week later. I was informed that no such plan existed, and expressed astonishment at how I got 1 mbps ul in Mumbai in the first place. I told him that Home 2222 existed in Mumbai earlier, to which he replied by saying I was the lucky one and should hang on to this connection.
This Saturday, I called Airtel CC again and was said I should email at [email protected] (for Mumbai, etc.).
I emailed on Saturday evening, and by Monday afternoon I received an email stating that I was moved to 2 mbps ul.

One thing I did was, I mentioned in the email that I had received the call from the Airtel CC and the plan name was Freedom 2999 (actually it is Freedom 2499 Combo ul. I think it is FUP though. An Airtel CC confirmed the same.)

So, I suggest you to stop talking to Airtel CC, and email Airtel (Airtel requires an email or a written letter/fax requesting for migration to any plan. Calls don't help) In the email, just mention that you'd received the call from Airtel CC and DO mention Freedom plan. They will assume that Airtel CC probably DID call you.

I am getting somewhere between 290-295 KBps/sec on link-removed CONSISTENTLY :whistle:

ahem. airtel has been offering rather cheap 1 mbps ul plans in noida to select customers. i dont think the prices have been increased. check the airtel forum for the relevant thread.

this looks like a good technique. writing a mail to airtel that you got a call from customer support offering one of these three plans and you applied for it but it was never activated on your connection :D

so this means i had to write a mail to airtel that i got a call from their CC about the tariff plan and they will change my plan :clap:Any Surety:|

this is a risk that has little side effects. be convincing and you just might get lucky.

Back