Airtel Broadband: 1mbps ul for 1699 2mbps ul for 2999

• Thread starter Thread starter chetanhooli
  • Start date Start date
  • Replies Replies 472
  • Views Views 74,981
Any names guys? Anyone particular I can call?

I have tried 4 times already and none of the cc people knew what they were talking about.

Don't remember, and anyway that won't help you, because they never let you talk to someone specifically. It's probably their policy.

Dudes,

I had received a call from them 3 days back .. i wasnt interested to switch from my Home 2222 and thought that this was some sort of marketing trap so asked them to call back me again after few days.

then i read some posts on this thread and felt i made a mistake and hoped they call me back .. meanwhile checked with the customer care and they had usual answer ... there is no such plan.

Just now after 3 days he called me back and I approved the upgrade to 2 MBPS for Rs 2499. He said will take 72 Hrs. Now Im keeping my fingures crossed.

Few details which i collected from him

There is Fair Usage Policy Applied on this plan of 100 GB
300 Free Calls Local + STD (Home 2222 does not have free calls)
Pulse Rate 180 Sec
STD Pulse 60 Sec
Free Pack of Anti Virus and Speed on Demand

Hope to get this 2 MB connection activated soon

Dudes,

I had received a call from them 3 days back .. i wasnt interested to switch from my Home 2222 and thought that this was some sort of marketing trap so asked them to call back me again after few days.

then i read some posts on this thread and felt i made a mistake and hoped they call me back .. meanwhile checked with the customer care and they had usual answer ... there is no such plan.

Just now after 3 days he called me back and I approved the upgrade to 2 MBPS for Rs 2499. He said will take 72 Hrs. Now Im keeping my fingures crossed.

Few details which i collected from him

There is Fair Usage Policy Applied on this plan of 100 GB
300 Free Calls Local + STD (Home 2222 does not have free calls)
Pulse Rate 180 Sec
STD Pulse 60 Sec
Free Pack of Anti Virus and Speed on Demand

Hope to get this 2 MB connection activated soon

Wait, you got 2MBPS UL plan for 2499?

I had the same 1MBPS UL 2222 plan as yours, but they only offered me the 2999 Freedom plan and I accepted it and it has already been activated.

Damn, why the heck should I pay more when other people are getting the same at a much lesser price?

And from what I can understand, they're offering the 2499 plan to the existing 1MBPS 2222 users which I certainly was at the time I was offered the 2999 plan. In fact, I had been using the 2222 plan ever since the day it was first announced.

I even called the CC to confirm the 2499 plan thing and they denied its very existence.

I'm happy that Airtel are coming up with decent plans, but why trick customers in this manner?

Hi Guys. I have recently found that there is a catch in the plan. After you have reached a data usage of 100GBs with the speed of 2Mbps, the speed of the connection automatically reduces to 512Kbps for the rest of the Billing Cycle. So the plan is Unlimited but not 2Mbps Unlimited. Here is a copy of the E-mail I have recently sent to Airtel regarding this matter. Kindly check the facts with Airtel customer care in case you did not know about the Trick. The e-mail is a bit lengthy. So bear with it.Dear Sir/Madam, MyTelephone No. is 0172-XXXXXXX. I am using Airtel BroadBand Home 2222 Plan in which I have 1Mbps speed and Unlimited usage. Today on 17-07-2009 I received a Call from an Airtel Marketing Person Calling from the Number 011-XXXXXXXX. He told me that his name was XXXXXX. He offered me a New Broadband plan called Freedom 2999 and told me that I would have to pay Rs. 2999 Plus Taxes per month and I will be offered a dedicated speed of 2Mbps with Unlimited Usage for the entire month like I currently have with a speed of IMbps and he also mentioned some other benefits like free calls and VAS. I asked him twice whether the usage is unlimited or is there anything hidden like addtinonal charges or any condtion about the Speed or Usage of the connection. But he told me that the Speed of 2Mbps is dedicated and the usage is unlimited. So I accepted the offer and asked him to migrate me to the plan he told me i.e Freedom 2999. He registered my request and gave me the Service Request No. as XXXXXXXX. After the call, I told the plan to some of my friends and one of them told me that this plan does not offer Unlimited usage of 2Mbps for the entire month and Infact the plan allows the speed of 2Mbps only upto a download of 100GBs of Data and that I should confirm it with Airtel Customer Care. So I called up Customer Care and Talked to Mr XXXXXX. After telling him my concern, he asked me hold on to the call as he wanted to talk to some Senior on this matter. After a while he told me that his senior has confirmed that the plan is not 2Mbps unlimited and infact after a data usage of 100 GB with a speed of 2Mbps, the speed of the connection will be reduced to 512 Kbps for the rest of the Billing Cycle. That means I can only use the speed of 2Mbps upto a usage of 100 GBs of data and after that I will be left with a speed of 512 Kbps for the rest of the Billing Cycle. Hearing this I told him that in this case I would not like to change my plan as I was not told a Mojor Fact regarding the Plan. So I asked him to register a request to cancel any procedure if initiated to change my Billing plan and also to register a complaint about the marketing person named XXXXXX Above Mentioned as he was not honest with me while telling me the details of the plan and Concealed a Major Fact regarding the Plan. Mr. XXXXXX put me on hold again and after a while told me that he has mentioned my concern in the already provided Service Request No. i.e XXXXXXXX and that my plan will not be changed But he did not show any interest in registering my complaint against Mr. XXXXXX Who intentionally concealed important information while telling me the details of the plan. He gave me the conversation ID as XXXXXXXX. Sir, I am a dedicated user of Airtel and did not expect this kind of cheating from someone speaking on behalf of Airtel. Kindly register my complaint and take necessary action against the person responsible for Misleading the Customer and Defiling the name of the company. Also kindly cancel any procedures initiated to change my monthly rental plan as I do not wish to migrate to any plan that does not offer Unlimited usage of data for the entire billing cycle alongwith the Speed specified.Note: My Alternate Contact No. is: XXXXXXXXRegardsXXXXXXXX

so basically there are 3 plans and details regarding Fair Usage Policy .

Explore 1099 (Airtel/MP/FL/6)
Day(6AM-10PM)-384Kbps, Night(10 PM-6 AM)-1Mbps
** NO Fair Usage Policy:happy::clap:

Turbo 1299 (Airtel/MP/FL/7)
Day(6AM-10PM)-512Kbps, Night(10PM-6AM)-1Mbps
** Fair Usage Policy
** Day speed - 512 Kbps till 100 GB, 256 Kbps after 100 GB.

Freedom 1699 (Airtel/MP/FL/8)
** Fair Usage Policy
** 24x7 1Mbps till 150 GB, 512 Kbps beyond 150 GB

these plans were launched today in Mp and Chattisgarh

but there is a catch Turbo 1299 100gb cap is only during day whereas freedom 1699 cap is for 24*7

Source:http://airtel.in/wps/wcm/connect/airtel.in/airtel.in/home/foryou/broadband+internet/tariffs/PG_FY_BI_Tariff_Detail/?CIRCLE=8&CIRCLENAME=MP+&ID=663&link=BT

Yes the Marketing agent confirmed me that after 100 GB the speed will be reduced to half for the rest of the billing cycle. i.e. for me it would be 1 MBPS.And yes he said that this applies to the existing Home 2222 plan too, which has a limit of 75 GB / month.And Anmol, he offered the plan for 2499/- . I think its some sort of Marketing trick Airtel is playing. You just bash their CC and tell them that others are getting the same plan for 2499/- then why you are required to pay 2999/-

Back