Airtel Broadband: 1mbps ul for 1699 2mbps ul for 2999

• Thread starter Thread starter chetanhooli
  • Start date Start date
  • Replies Replies 472
  • Views Views 74,981
As far as i know they said they don't have it. I intend to download more than 100 GB to find out. Will update you guys.Also, did anyone else receive PC Secure free with the 2999 plan? I got it yesterday.

do not install it. just do not install it.

It's that bad is it? I had a little bit of skepticism, so i asked him to save the files in my local drive, told him i'd install it later.I have AVG 8.5 free version now.

How do I access the free services which I am getting with the 1699 plan? Like the speed on demand, games service etc etc

The Fair Usage Policy Myth is true for Freedom 2999 as I have been saying from the very start. Here is the e-mail that I received today from Airtel which confirms the Policy.

We would like to inform that your request regarding plan migration to
freedom 2999 (2Mbps) for Airtel fixed-line 0172XXXXXXX is already
registered with reference number “XXXXXXX” and same is under process.

Our team is working on this and our executive will revert to you soon. We
seek your cooperation in this regard.

Further, we would like to inform that in 2 Mbps speed plan Fair Usages
Level in GB is 100GB and if the Fair Usages Limit exceeds the speed will
reduce to 1 Mbps till next billing cycle in the day time.

It is our privilege to have you as our valued customer and would like to
thank you for your continued patronage. We look forward to a very warm and
fruitful association with you.

In case you require any further assistance, please

 Call us at 121 from Airtel Fixedline or Dial 0172 4444121 from other
numbers
 E-mail us at [email protected]
 Fax us at 0172 4600660

Note: Please mention your Airtel Fixed-line number along with STD Code,
e.g. 0114XXXXXX in the subject of the email whenever you write to us for a
quicker response. Do not include any space or special character between the
digits.

Warm Regards,
Anand Singh
Customer Care

So it is confirmed now that the Fair Usage Policy is there for 2999. And it is also there for 1699 plan. After a usage of 100 GBs in both the plans, the download speed reduces to Half of the Maximum Committed Download Speed during the day time i.e from 6 Am to 10 PM for the rest of the billing cycle. However the speed remains the same during the night time i.e from 10 PM to 6 AM. So I think this concludes the debate.

It may be possible that Fair Usage Policy may not apply to some Regions though I have been told by Airtel people on the Phone that this policy applies Everywhere, Where ever these plans are available. And they said that this has something to do with the Directions of TRAI and they have to Enforce it. Though I doubt the Have to Enforce thing. But still, the point is that Fair Usage Policy is very much Applicable in my region and the chances are that it is also applicable in your region.

So keep these facts in mind while choosing your Broadband plan.

True.. It could be that FUP applies to Delhi too! Even though it does not mention so on their website.. The only way to find out is to cross the 100GB mark, and see for yourself.

Back