Airtel Broadband to double broadband speeds by June 2010 #airtelsucks

• Thread starter Thread starter AjayJP
  • Start date Start date
  • Replies Replies 1,204
  • Views Views 171,106
Well, My day speed has been made 1 mpbs, in turbo 1299. Will check the night speed later though I doubt it will be 2 mbps.....And I have not received any call, so I believe that my Fair Usage Policy is intact, i.e. 100 GB. Let's see!

BTW, if the night speed is not 2 mbps, can I call them and complain about it? I mean should we get 2 mpbs in night according to the double speed offer?

yes you are supposed to complain

---------- Post added at 03:29 AM ---------- Previous post was at 03:26 AM ----------

I've been contacting Airtel through e-mail and they have made it clear that they won't upgrade my connection. I am on swift 1099+100 [double speed offer]. They say that since I am already getting double speed by having opted for 100 top-up, I cannot be given another upgrade. I asked them when others are getting double speed without paying anything extra then why should I pay extra and asked them to give 1mbps on my swift plan and remove the top-up but they denied that as well. Now I've run out of words. I guess I'll have to go for bsnl or railwire[not sure if they are providing in our area].

threaten them for disconnection and try to get them to call you and then blast them

---------- Post added at 03:31 AM ---------- Previous post was at 03:29 AM ----------

Have Anybody check the plan name after the speed upgrade. When i checked, My plan name has been changed from turbo1299 to INT1024-UNL. I checked on this airtel website.
https://airtelmail.in/abts/g-apps/emailAdminLogin.do
just put ur dsl id and password and ur current plan name will be displayed.

your plane name can be changed but the features remain the same

---------- Post added at 03:33 AM ---------- Previous post was at 03:31 AM ----------

it is 100gb only

---------- Post added at 03:34 PM ---------- Previous post was at 03:33 PM ----------

can someone tell me should i call that number from which i earlier got the call from airtel presence team since these suckers dont respond to my email now.

the number from which they call me is only one way number,they don't pick it up

so try to blast them with mail

donot reply to older one,email them as if its a new problem

---------- Post added at 03:38 AM ---------- Previous post was at 03:33 AM ----------

Any 2mbs unlimited user have their speeds doubled?

i got the night upgrade

i emailed abt the fact that it should be full day,the problem was that their were different people reading my mail each time so confusion

an airtel representative called me today but i was sleeping,will try to talk to them on monday

---------- Post added at 03:39 AM ---------- Previous post was at 03:38 AM ----------

based on my conversation with Airtel CC, only customers who have completed more than 1 year with Airtel will be given the speed increase...all recent customers do not have this option extended to them...
AC

that is bullshit

they are trying to tell consumers that don't insist false stories

just tell them that you know people who have got upgrade and not to bullshit,he will get back on the line

---------- Post added at 03:40 AM ---------- Previous post was at 03:39 AM ----------

I have been reading this thread every day since the middle of June, but I just signed up to post this email that I have received from Airtel.
I am on the Freedom 1699 Plan (1Mbps unlimited).
I've been hoping that I would get upgraded from 1Mbps to 2Mbps without me asking them, but I should have known better. I wonder if I should have emailed them earlier...
-------------------------------------------------
Dear Customer,

Thank you for writing to Airtel Telemedia Services.

With reference to your e-mail dated 24/07/2010, you have expressed your concern regarding speed upgardation for the Airtel fixed lines 044xxxxxxxx.

We regret to inform you that speed upgradation plan has been withdrawn.Kindly login to our airtel.in website for new plan details.

It is our privilege to have you as our valued customer and would like to thank you for your continued patronage. We look forward to a long and fruitful association with you.

For any further assistance please mail us at [email protected].

Warm Regards,

Trupti H.k
Customer Care Executive
Bharti Airtel Limited.

---------Original Message----------
To: [email protected]
Cc:
Sent: 24/07/2010 01:00:40 PM
Subject: Re: 044xxxxxxxx - DOUBLE SPEED FROM 1MBPS TO 2MBPS

My speed is 1Mbps (Unlimited). According to your website
Airtel breaks the speed barrier -Doubles speed for Broadband customers at no extra cost-,
my speed was supposed to be upgraded from 1Mbps to 2MBps by the end of June
But my speed is still 1Mbps.

I want to know if Airtel will be upgrading my speed from 1Mbps (Unlimited) to
2Mbps (Unlimited).
-----------------------

tell them to stop bullshiting and you know people with double speeds,they will be back on the line

---------- Post added at 03:43 AM ---------- Previous post was at 03:40 AM ----------

@uberjon - Are you on the Combo 499 1Mbps UL plan? If so, the speed upgrade is not applicable on that plan. Airtel cites the already low rate of 499/- for 1Mbps UL as a reason for not upgrading the speeds of this particular plan.

there is nothing like that and chennai is a normal city

---------- Post added at 03:45 AM ---------- Previous post was at 03:43 AM ----------

I just spoke to a airtel cce regarding this who transferred the call to technical department, she told me there was a double speed offer, but one would have to do a top up of 100 rs and get the speed doubled but with a limit, she told me it was 20 to 30 GB, after the limit exceeds, the speed would go back to the original. and this offer was not applicable to my plan anyway. my plan is 512 kpbs in day and 1 mbps in night. and this offer is not available anymore.

that is shit again

those motherfcukers just keep on shitting

and they shouldn't transfer you to the technical department as they only look after technical stuff

and don't even try to talk to CC,try speaking to airtel presence.

---------- Post added at 03:49 AM ---------- Previous post was at 03:45 AM ----------

Another update.
Apparently I have a voice connection & the upgrade is not for people like me. Doesn't everybody get a landline by default? Plus I disconnected the landline (instrument) years ago.
Anyway, 'Shivaleela' is quite determined, isn't she? Airtel has trained her well.
----------------------
To:
Date: Saturday, 31 July, 2010, 6:07 PM

Dear Customer,

According to your previous interaction dated 31 July 2010, you have requested
for the change of your Double Speed Offer for your Airtel fixed line 044xxxxxxxx.

We regret to inform you that we are unable to provide double speed offer it is not applicable for voice connection and you have a voice connection.

It is our privilege to have you as our valued customer and would like to thank
you for your continued patronage. We look forward to a long and fruitful
association with you.

For any further assistance please mail us at [email protected].

Warm Regards,

Shivaleela
Customer Care Executive
Bharti Airtel Limited.

Cc:
Sent: 31/07/2010 05:51:14 PM

You misunderstood me, again. Customers had their speeds doubled, a few days ago.

I spoke to Airtel customer care some time ago & I was told that my speed would
be doubled, free of charge, by the end of this month.

I am on the Freedom 1699 plan (1 Mbps Unlimited). Airtel advertised

Double speed for Broadband customers at no extra cost- broadband speeds at no
extra cost.

It goes on to say

¿.....customers currently on 512 Kbps plans and 1mbps plans will have their
speeds doubled to 1Mbps and 2Mbps respectively.¿

Your statement that ¿double speed offer is withdrawn¿ is wrong because I can
confirm that customers who are also on the Freedom 1699 plan (1 Mbps Unlimited)
had their speeds upgraded a few days ago. I had asked for double speeds before
that time. If customers had their speeds upgraded a few days ago, then the
offer is definitely still available.

I am not asking for another new plan. Airtel promised a free upgrade in speed.

Again, to sum up, a few days ago, Airtel customers had their speed doubled. I
am asking for the same.
------------------------------

LOL

they are trying to pull different excuse

anyways was ur plan some custom plan or anything like that?

Still i haven't got my speed double was suppose to get on 31 july iam in chennai every one should send a mass email to an higher authority.

just wanted to know for my information

DOES FUP APPLY FOR THE MONTH BASIS OR THE ENTIRE PLAN PERIOD

FOR EG - SUPPOSE ONE HAS 512 KBPS UNLTD PLAN WITH FUP OF 20GB SO WILL 20GB APPLY FOR MONTHLY BASIS OR ENTIRE PLAN PERIOD

PLEASE EXPLAIN

LOL

they are trying to pull different excuse

anyways was ur plan some custom plan or anything like that?
No, nothing custom. Just the usual Freedom 1699 (1Mbps unlimited) Plan.
As you said, I'm hearing different excuses.

I have responded to them, & I will post their actual response.....if they get back to me. They'll probably give me another excuse. Let's see.

---------- Post added at 09:09 AM ---------- Previous post was at 09:07 AM ----------

just wanted to know for my information

DOES Fair Usage Policy APPLY FOR THE MONTH BASIS OR THE ENTIRE PLAN PERIOD

FOR EG - SUPPOSE ONE HAS 512 KBPS UNLTD PLAN WITH Fair Usage Policy OF 20GB SO WILL 20GB APPLY FOR MONTHLY BASIS OR ENTIRE PLAN PERIOD

PLEASE EXPLAIN

The 20GB limit is applicable for your billing period, which is on a monthly basis.

No, nothing custom. Just the usual Freedom 1699 (1Mbps unlimited) Plan.
As you said, I'm hearing different excuses.

I have responded to them, & I will post their actual response.....if they get back to me. They'll probably give me another excuse. Let's see.

try to make them call you

when they call you blast them

Anyone on 2MBPS UL plan who has got any sort of upgrade?

I have applied for disconnection just a few seconds back.The guy said someone from Airtel would be contacting me today.Lets see how it all goes.

--UPDATE--
They have gone back to their original excuse - 'the promotion has been withdrawn'.
They sent me the tariff plans for Chennai & asked me to pick one. If you are interested, the plans are at -> 2shared - download ChennaiPlanDetails.pdf
--------------------------------
Dear Customer,

With reference to your e-mail dated 31 July 2010, you have expressed your concern regarding Updation of 2 Mbps Plan for your Airtel fixed-line 044xxxxxxxx.

We regret to inform you that the free Updation of 2 Mbps Plan is not in promotion and the same has been withdrawn.

Hence we kindly request you that if you want to upgrade your plan to 2 Mbps then you can opt for Plan Migration. We are providing you the plan details, kindly find the attached file.

It is our privilege to have you as our valued customer and would like to thank you for your continued patronage. We look forward to a long and fruitful association with you.

For any further assistance please mail us at [email protected]

Warm Regards,

Atul
Customer Care Executive
Bharti Airtel Limited.

Cc:
Sent: 31/07/2010 07:18:50 PM

Shivaleela,
You have given me a different reason now & that is not polite at all.
What do you mean by Voice connection? Airtel DSL always comes with a landline &
I have never used the landline.
I hope Airtel is not trying to make a customer unhappy. All I am asking is for
the free double speed, which I am eligible for.
--------------------------------
Are you tired of this? I know I am.

u guys should not contact cc guys it is of no use .I was being told same by cc guys than i contacted airtel presence team and atleast my day speed has been doubled on 1299 plan.

Back