Airtel Broadband to double broadband speeds by June 2010 #airtelsucks

• Thread starter Thread starter AjayJP
  • Start date Start date
  • Replies Replies 1,204
  • Views Views 171,106
haha. the 100 rupee offer was introduced long time ago.

oh, so are airtel customers still getting free double speed upgrades now? I live in tamil nadu.

I am on the Freedom 1699 Plan (1Mbps unlimited).

I am also on 1699 1mbps unlimited and they have doubled the speed to 2mbps. I emailed them about a month back and got it finally last week. (I am not still sure about the Fair Usage Policy limits...getting all kinds of vague replies from them without stating the exact figures)

They are just bu**shi**ing the gullible customers. I suggest everyone who has been denied to file a complaint with the Advertising Standards Council of India. Since they are offering free I doubt it will stand up in the consumer forum court for defeciency of service but it should be accepted as false advertising claims by the Advt. Standards Council of India. It is better to talk to a lawyer first who is experienced in the consumer courts cases.

Advertising Standards Council of India | How to Complain

Advertising Standards Council of India | FAQs

i can confirm my speed has been doubled to 2mbps for the past two days. im on freedom 1399 plan my friend on the swift 1099 512kbps plan did not get an upgrade. initially there were fluctuations as they upgraded their servers etc but now getting 2mbps constant
http://www.mediafire.com/imageview.php?quickkey=h804qx299lh5rk2&thumb=5]http://www.mediafire.com/imgbnc.php/253ba62c0a6256f1b8aba0a4f039502a2g.jpg
253ba62c0a6256f1b8aba0a4f039502a4g.jpg

haha. from what i see they never advertised the double speed program. they released a PR. and maybe some mailers. nothing more.

haha. from what i see they never advertised the double speed program. they released a PR. and maybe some mailers. nothing more.

I think ASCI accepted complaints about any media used for advertising it.

http://www.ascionline.org/Welcome.do

In the Ad Media form field it is mentioned TV/Radio/NewsPaper/Magazine/Hoarding/Website/Internet/OTHER. Along with the complaint include screenshot & url of the Airtel webpage, newspaper articles, leaflets they sent and any other document.

You got nothing to lose. Your name will not be disclosed and there is no fee for filing the complaint.

To all users of Turbo 1299 plan who got upgraded to 1mbps flat --Have you been FUPed?

Received a reply. They can't even spell 'upgradation' properly That's not good news, is it?
----------------------
Dear Customer,

Thank you for writing to Airtel Telemedia Services.

According to your previous interaction dated 31 July 2010, you have requested for the change of your plan upgradtion for your Airtel fixed line 044xxxxxxxx.

We regret for the inconvenience caused to you.

This is with reference to your request for 2MBPS Plan. We regret to inform you that we are unable to migrate you to the above-mentioned plan since plan is not available and double speed offer is withdrawn.

Please find the details of plans currently offered by us in our website Mobile Prepaid, Broadband, Postpaid Mobile, DTH Services in India: Airtel. Kindly revert with the choice of plan, so that we could change your billing plan accordingly.

It is our privilege to have you as our valued customer and would like to thank you for your continued patronage. We look forward to a long and fruitful association with you.

For any further assistance please mail us at [email protected].

Warm Regards,

Shivaleela
Customer Care Executive
Bharti Airtel Limited.

---------Original Message----------
To: [email protected]
Cc:
Sent: 31/07/2010 02:36:15 PM
Subject: Re: 044xxxxxxxx - DOUBLE SPEED FROM 1MBPS TO 2MBPS

I am disappointed with Airtel. I know for a fact that users, who are on the
same plan as me, have been upgraded to 2 Mbps recently.

I have been an Airtel Customer since 2006 & this is NOT how a company should
behave. By the way, this message also appeared in The Hindu,
The Hindu Business Line : Bharti doubles broadband speeds at no extra cost

I hope Airtel is not practising false advertising.

I am hoping for a more favourable response from your side.

Regards.
---------------------

Thank you for writing to us at Airtel Telemedia Services.

We acknowledge the receipt of your mail dated July 31st, 2010.

With reference to the below mail, this is to inform you that our relevant
team has confirmed that upgradation is under process. Once the upgradation
is done, our relevant team will confirm you on the same.

• E-Mail us at - [email protected]

Assuring you of best services.
Yours sincerely,

Nodal Officer
Airtel Telemedia Services

This is the reply i got Iam from chennai currently in turbo 1299plan

Back