Airtel Broadband to double broadband speeds by June 2010 #airtelsucks

• Thread starter Thread starter AjayJP
  • Start date Start date
  • Replies Replies 1,204
  • Views Views 171,106
Thank you for writing to us at Airtel Telemedia Services.

We acknowledge the receipt of your mail dated July 31st, 2010.

With reference to the below mail, this is to inform you that our relevant
team has confirmed that upgradation is under process. Once the upgradation
is done, our relevant team will confirm you on the same.

• E-Mail us at - [email protected]

Assuring you of best services.
Yours sincerely,

Nodal Officer
Airtel Telemedia Services

This is the reply i got Iam from chennai currently in turbo 1299plan

I live in tamil nadu too and under the same plan I think. 512 kpbs day/ 1mbps night. what do i have to do to get free double speed which others are getting?

Another update.
Apparently I have a voice connection & the upgrade is not for people like me. Doesn't everybody get a landline by default? Plus I disconnected the landline (instrument) years ago.
Anyway, 'Shivaleela' is quite determined, isn't she? Airtel has trained her well.
----------------------
Subject: Re: 044xxxxxxxx - DOUBLE SPEED FROM 1MBPS TO 2MBPS
To:
Date: Saturday, 31 July, 2010, 6:07 PM

Dear Customer,

Thank you for writing to Airtel Telemedia Services.

According to your previous interaction dated 31 July 2010, you have requested
for the change of your Double Speed Offer for your Airtel fixed line 044xxxxxxxx.

We regret to inform you that we are unable to provide double speed offer it is not applicable for voice connection and you have a voice connection.

It is our privilege to have you as our valued customer and would like to thank
you for your continued patronage. We look forward to a long and fruitful
association with you.

For any further assistance please mail us at [email protected].

Warm Regards,

Shivaleela
Customer Care Executive
Bharti Airtel Limited.

---------Original Message----------
To: [email protected]
Cc:
Sent: 31/07/2010 05:51:14 PM
Subject: Re: 044xxxxxxxx - DOUBLE SPEED FROM 1MBPS TO 2MBPS

You misunderstood me, again. Customers had their speeds doubled, a few days ago.

I spoke to Airtel customer care some time ago & I was told that my speed would
be doubled, free of charge, by the end of this month.

I am on the Freedom 1699 plan (1 Mbps Unlimited). Airtel advertised

Double speed for Broadband customers at no extra cost- broadband speeds at no
extra cost.

It goes on to say

¿.....customers currently on 512 Kbps plans and 1mbps plans will have their
speeds doubled to 1Mbps and 2Mbps respectively.¿

Your statement that ¿double speed offer is withdrawn¿ is wrong because I can
confirm that customers who are also on the Freedom 1699 plan (1 Mbps Unlimited)
had their speeds upgraded a few days ago. I had asked for double speeds before
that time. If customers had their speeds upgraded a few days ago, then the
offer is definitely still available.

I am not asking for another new plan. Airtel promised a free upgrade in speed.

Again, to sum up, a few days ago, Airtel customers had their speed doubled. I
am asking for the same.
------------------------------

So what now?I have a phone connection aswell.So I don't get the speed upgrade either?I'm mailing them once again.Lets see if I get a similar reply.

To all users of Turbo 1299 plan who got upgraded to 1mbps flat --

Have you been FUPed?

no i have downloaded excess of 100gb this month still flat 1mbps.Mailed them abut night speed recieved mail so will receive call by monday hopefully.

Looks like I've finally been upgraded to 1mbps. I didn't really bother to contact Airtel about the double speed thing, they just did it on their own.

https://www.speedtest.net

I've been receiving this speed for the past 2 or 3 days.

^^
Dont believe in the speed which is coming since past 2-3 days.
I cant believe what is happening...
I am on 1299 plan. I was the 1st one here whose speed was upgraded to 1Mbps in day not at night with the FUP 100GB(tested)
Now since 3 days my speed is 2 Mbps and FUP is still the same. My modem has also been restarted 3 times but still the speed...

WOW WTF is this shit... I still haven't been upgraded. Those bloody airtel harlots. I'm still stuck on the 1699 1mbps highway robbery plan. :(

u guys wont believe what these Airtel basturds,sons of diseased whor*s did to my brothers broadband connection!:madness::madness:my bro got his bb connection back in November 2009,he was on 256kbps unlimited,in Feb 2010 he went for 100 Rs top up offer,so got his speed doubled to 512kbps,since then he was using the net without any problem.Today he noticed his speed dropped to 256kbps,so he called Airtel CC,the son of a poxed Who*re told him that since he had crossed 15 GB ,his speed had been reduced by half :ishock:when he told me ,i was like, WTF is wrong with these inbreds :@tomorrow im gonna call CC and tell them just exactly what their mother/wife/sis does when they r out on the job

Yes Teh Baassterd's Child Airtel Doubled Speed plans and Turn it into a MOAR crap my 256 is Upgraded to 512 but with a SH!TLOAD FUP of 8 GB GAWD 8 GB is lyk only 3-4 days worth of downloading This is Just Disgusting 2 Mb like a mininum speed for broadband in rest of world n Some Country (finland) even make Broadband a legal right for every citizen.? and for us same BS evry Year this plan upgrade is just a money grabber for them bcse only sme ppl aware of FUP's , data limits ..etc all they worry abt is speed so it gives more chance to make more Fool of us lykAirCrap - Sir 1300 mai 2 Mb Unltd plan milega aur kya chahiye Poor(KnowNothing)Customer - Badhiya hai Chalu Kar do ..!AIRTEL SUKKKKS M CLOSING MY AGE OLD CONNECTION TOMORROW ..;-X

Back