Airtel Broadband to double broadband speeds by June 2010 #airtelsucks

• Thread starter Thread starter AjayJP
  • Start date Start date
  • Replies Replies 1,204
  • Views Views 171,106
u guys wont believe what these Airtel basturds,sons of diseased whor*s did to my brothers broadband connection!:madness::madness:

my bro got his bb connection back in November 2009,he was on 256kbps unlimited,in Feb 2010 he went for 100 Rs top up offer,so got his speed doubled to 512kbps,since then he was using the net without any problem.Today he noticed his speed dropped to 256kbps,so he called Airtel CC,the son of a poxed Who*re told him that since he had crossed 15 GB ,his speed had been reduced by half :ishock:

when he told me ,i was like, WTF is wrong with these inbreds :@

tomorrow im gonna call CC and tell them just exactly what their mother/wife/sis does when they r out on the job

so i just finished talking to the CC,i asked him what is the reason for FUping after i downloaded 10 GB,he said that Airtel has removed the 100Rs top-up, speeds will be back to the Original plan,in my brothers case from 512kbps to 256kbps,but there is a slight change, for the 1st 10GB speed will be 512kbps,after that 256kbps for the rest of the billing cycle.can anyone else who took the 100Rs top-up offer confirm this?

Anyone on 2MBPS UL plan who has got any sort of upgrade?

i have gotten night 4mbps

---------- Post added at 03:35 PM ---------- Previous post was at 03:35 PM ----------

how do i get the free double speed upgrade? I live in tamil nadu. I called up but they tell the offer is withdrawn

https://www.speedtest.net
http://www.pingtest.net

the callcenter CC won't help you much

try sending a new mail regarding this

---------- Post added at 03:36 PM ---------- Previous post was at 03:35 PM ----------

--UPDATE--
They have gone back to their original excuse - 'the promotion has been withdrawn'.
They sent me the tariff plans for Chennai & asked me to pick one. If you are interested, the plans are at -> 2shared - download ChennaiPlanDetails.pdf
--------------------------------
Dear Customer,

Thank you for writing to Airtel Telemedia Services.

With reference to your e-mail dated 31 July 2010, you have expressed your concern regarding Updation of 2 Mbps Plan for your Airtel fixed-line 044xxxxxxxx.

We regret to inform you that the free Updation of 2 Mbps Plan is not in promotion and the same has been withdrawn.

Hence we kindly request you that if you want to upgrade your plan to 2 Mbps then you can opt for Plan Migration. We are providing you the plan details, kindly find the attached file.

It is our privilege to have you as our valued customer and would like to thank you for your continued patronage. We look forward to a long and fruitful association with you.

For any further assistance please mail us at [email protected]

just reply that you know people who have gotten upgradation

Warm Regards,

Atul
Customer Care Executive
Bharti Airtel Limited.

---------Original Message----------
To: [email protected]
Cc:
Sent: 31/07/2010 07:18:50 PM
Subject: Re: 044xxxxxxxx - DOUBLE SPEED FROM 1MBPS TO 2MBPS

Shivaleela,
You have given me a different reason now & that is not polite at all.
What do you mean by Voice connection? Airtel DSL always comes with a landline &
I have never used the landline.
I hope Airtel is not trying to make a customer unhappy. All I am asking is for
the free double speed, which I am eligible for.
--------------------------------
Are you tired of this? I know I am.

---------- Post added at 03:38 PM ---------- Previous post was at 03:36 PM ----------

so i just finished talking to the CC,i asked him what is the reason for FUping after i downloaded 10 GB,he said that Airtel has removed the 100Rs top-up, speeds will be back to the Original plan,in my brothers case from 512kbps to 256kbps,but there is a slight change, for the 1st 10GB speed will be 512kbps,after that 256kbps for the rest of the billing cycle.can anyone else who took the 100Rs top-up offer confirm this?

you should be able to keep the original FUP

u guys should not contact cc guys it is of no use .I was being told same by cc guys than i contacted airtel presence team and atleast my day speed has been doubled on 1299 plan.

Dear Akshay,
I am in Gurgaon with Turbo 1299 plan. Starting from today I am getting 1mbps download speed during the day. I have not made any request for either promotion offer or plan change.

If the speed has been doubled automatically by the promotional offer, then I have been FUPed for 20GB. This is not acceptable at all. What do you think?

Additional information:
After 25 days of current bill cycle, my unbilled usage is 14084070 (10KB unit) = 134 GB. Hopefully I will continue with 100GB FUP for day usage, if data has not been divided on prorata basis for different speeds.

my speed has been reduced to 512 kbps from 1 mbps:madness::madness::madness::madness:

are u old customer and whats yur plan name ?

1 year old. plan is 499rs p/m. 1 mbps. 100gb limit . i didnt crossed that limit, but still speed has been reduced

Wow wtf is this bullshit.... It's August and they still haven't upgraded my speed !Btw: What is the new email of airtel presence guys in new delhi??

you should be able to keep the original Fair Usage Policy

u guys wont believe what these Airtel basturds,sons of diseased whor*s did to my brothers broadband connection!:madness::madness:

my bro got his bb connection back in November 2009,he was on 256kbps unlimited,in Feb 2010 he went for 100 Rs top up offer,so got his speed doubled to 512kbps,since then he was using the net without any problem.Today he noticed his speed dropped to 256kbps,so he called Airtel CC,the son of a poxed Who*re told him that since he had crossed 15 GB ,his speed had been reduced by half :ishock:

when he told me ,i was like, WTF is wrong with these inbreds :@

tomorrow im gonna call CC and tell them just exactly what their mother/wife/sis does when they r out on the job

i think u misunderstood,the CC guy said that they r removing the Rs.100 top-up due to which speed was doubled,he said top-up offer runs only for a fixed time period.

so what i am asking is that whether any people who had the 256kbps unlimited plan(rs 799) originally and later went for the RS 100 top-up to get double speed,if any of u have been downgraded back to 256kbps(after crossing 10 GB FUP limit)?

Back