Airtel Broadband to double broadband speeds by June 2010 #airtelsucks

• Thread starter Thread starter AjayJP
  • Start date Start date
  • Replies Replies 1,204
  • Views Views 171,106
this is rediculous!What about the ones who have been upgraded to 2Mbps?Will they be brought back to their old plans now?This is the last straw if true.I have had enough.

email the airtel presence team now and see what they reply which in my opinion will be positive.They will call u later so be strong and firm on the speed double saying u know whats the press release says and most probably u will be promised something .Email of airtel presence team is
[email protected]

I just sent an email to The Airtel Presence team
-----------------------
I am disappointed with Airtel. I know for a fact that users, who are on the same plan as me, have been upgraded to 2 Mbps recently.

I have been an Airtel Customer since 2006 & this is NOT how a company should behave. By the way, this message also appeared in The Hindu,
The Hindu Business Line : Bharti doubles broadband speeds at no extra cost

I hope Airtel is not practising false advertising.

I am hoping for a more favourable response from your side.

Regards.
-------------------------------

@uberjon - Are you on the Combo 499 1Mbps UL plan? If so, the speed upgrade is not applicable on that plan. Airtel cites the already low rate of 499/- for 1Mbps UL as a reason for not upgrading the speeds of this particular plan.

haha. you want to hear my story? 4 days ago i mailed them asking if they can provide me with the newer model of the iptv remote. for two days i kept getting calls that i cannot because my older remote is working fine. third day i get more calls. i said i am ready to pay for it. they said ok then. 200 bucks and u get the new remote. i said cool thanks. today, i get some more calls. sorry there is no such provision. i would have to look into it. airtel presence folks are a messed up bunch. single query is sent to multiple folks who would call you with no idea about your talks with other folks. i am still waiting for my remote to arrive.

Are you all discussing about this speed upgrade?

(mod: please no imageshack crap here)

@uberjon - Are you on the Combo 499 1Mbps UL plan? If so, the speed upgrade is not applicable on that plan. Airtel cites the already low rate of 499/- for 1Mbps UL as a reason for not upgrading the speeds of this particular plan.
I am on the Freedom 1699 Plan (1Mbps unlimited).

nope this is speed on demand. not free double speed.

I just spoke to a airtel cce regarding this who transferred the call to technical department, she told me there was a double speed offer, but one would have to do a top up of 100 rs and get the speed doubled but with a limit, she told me it was 20 to 30 GB, after the limit exceeds, the speed would go back to the original. and this offer was not applicable to my plan anyway. my plan is 512 kpbs in day and 1 mbps in night. and this offer is not available anymore.

Back