Airtel Broadband to double broadband speeds by June 2010 #airtelsucks

• Thread starter Thread starter AjayJP
  • Start date Start date
  • Replies Replies 1,204
  • Views Views 171,107
Started the torrent downloads.I know it wont last.:Dmake hay while the sun is shining!;)

Have Anybody check the plan name after the speed upgrade. When i checked, My plan name has been changed from turbo1299 to INT1024-UNL. I checked on this airtel website.
https://airtelmail.in/abts/g-apps/emailAdminLogin.do
just put ur dsl id and password and ur current plan name will be displayed.

Does it also give FUP limit details. I cant log in...

allright after mailing them several time i got a call from them today the guy sed that i don't know about this what are u talking about i sed r u really working for airtel after that i gave him the link and he sed that it is the previous offer for 128 kbps users who is already upgraded to 256kbps i sed that my friends also got doubled speed y i am not getting after that he sed give me the landline number of your friends i sed i can't due to their privacy then he sed just give me their account number i will check and if their speed is doubled you will also get the benefit.....well well well the thing is that i need someone account number or landline number to give them proof so anyone here whos speed got upgraded please share their account or landline number and if u don't want to share with me u can give me ur cell number and airtel senior will call u and ask for ur account number to confirm that this is working......PS:- hopeing that i ll get some help but don't think so anyone ll share...

Hey Rahul.All I'll say on this matter is that you must wait.Airtel are going to upgrade your speed within the next two days.Just keep resetting the modem every once in a while.If it does not happen till the 1st of august then you have the simple option of putting in a request for disconnection.The retention department will call you up and once you tell them of your greviance they will get you the speed upgrade.Or even better, they might offer you an attractive plan to convince you to stay.Just two days.Have a bit of patience till then.People in delhi have been getting the upgrades since june but I got it(hopefully) today.I'm sure there are more people waiting and that's the reason why I'm certain that your speed will be upgraded soon.Do not listen to the cc execs.They don't have a clue.NONE of the execs I have spoken to knew about this upgrade scheme.Those who did told me that its only for speeds below the 256 Kbps mark.:D

next we would get to hear that the upgrade for the remaining users has been postponed again. ;)

hii mohit thanks for ur reply hmm i ll wait for 2 days and still if they din't upgraded my speed em going to disconnect my connection and ll go for MTNL anyway one last question did ur speed got upgraded automatically or u have mailed them about this issue.....

I did mail them a while back but they were supposed to get back to me.No one did.No one even replied when i called.Heck, I had a complaint for a faulty modem with them for the past one month which wasnt dealt with.So let alone the speed upgrade, I wished someone came to fix my modem.Today its seems both the things have been done.So there you go.A little patience and then you can try the sureshot method of the disconnection threat.:D

allright after mailing them several time i got a call from them today the guy sed that i don't know about this what are u talking about i sed r u really working for airtel after that i gave him the link and he sed that it is the previous offer for 128 kbps users who is already upgraded to 256kbps i sed that my friends also got doubled speed y i am not getting after that he sed give me the landline number of your friends i sed i can't due to their privacy then he sed just give me their account number i will check and if their speed is doubled you will also get the benefit.....well well well the thing is that i need someone account number or landline number to give them proof so anyone here whos speed got upgraded please share their account or landline number and if u don't want to share with me u can give me ur cell number and airtel senior will call u and ask for ur account number to confirm that this is working......

PS:- hopeing that i ll get some help but don't think so anyone ll share...

I emailed them about a month back with the link to their website announcing the offer....finally got it doubled last week but I am still not sure about the FUP limits because they keep avoiding to give the exact details.

Airtel breaks the speed barrier -Doubles speed for Broadband customers at no extra cost-

The Hindu Business Line : Bharti doubles broadband speeds at no extra cost

They are telling all kinds of stories....just keep pestering them till you get it or threaten to quit.....good luck

---------- Post added at 06:50 PM ---------- Previous post was at 06:45 PM ----------

next we would get to hear that the upgrade for the remaining users has been postponed again. ;)

Probably another delay strategy of Airtel to filter out the die hard desperados from the suckers.

Back