Airtel Broadband to double broadband speeds by June 2010 #airtelsucks

• Thread starter Thread starter AjayJP
  • Start date Start date
  • Replies Replies 1,204
  • Views Views 171,106
Finally, after making a couple of calls and sending a couple of Emails to Customer Care and Nodal Officer, my speed has been doubled! :D

I'm on the Combo/Downloader 1099 tariff plan which, until now was giving me 512 Kbps during the day (till 20GB and 256 Kbps thereafter) + 1 Mbps during the night (No FUP during night-time).

Since evening, I'm getting 1 Mbps. I've confirmed the same with Nodal Officer. Following details are accurate:

New speeds: 1 Mbps during the day (till 20GB and 512 Kbps thereafter) + 1 Mbps during the night (No FUP during night-time).

Speedtest.net Result:

So guys, if your speed is still not doubled, I suggest you people to Email the Nodal Officer of your respective circle.

Finally, after making a couple of calls and sending a couple of Emails to Customer Care and Nodal Officer, my speed has been doubled! :D

I'm on the Combo/Downloader 1099 tariff plan which, until now was giving me 512 Kbps during the day (till 20GB and 256 Kbps thereafter) + 1 Mbps during the night (No FUP during night-time).

Since evening, I'm getting 1 Mbps. I've confirmed the same with Nodal Officer. Following details are accurate:

New speeds: 1 Mbps during the day (till 20GB and 512 Kbps thereafter) + 1 Mbps during the night (No FUP during night-time).

Speedtest.net Result:

So guys, if your speed is still not doubled, I suggest you people to Email the Nodal Officer of your respective circle.

lucky u
u have made a couple of calls
i have made 5 calls
what they have done is FUPed my night speed also although it was not doubled
and no one knows anything at airtel

Not sure about the fair usage policy but I'm fairly optimistic that my speed has been doubled since the evening.
Cant say for sure though but the reason I am optimistic is that the last time the speed increase was more like a speed boost(Was getting 6mbps uninterrupted) and as soon as I restarted my PC the speed was back to 1 Mbps.
But since the evening I have rebooted the PC and the modem thrice and the speed is a constant 2 Mbps.
Fingers crossed.

---------- Post added at 01:54 AM ---------- Previous post was at 12:15 AM ----------

http://www.pingtest.net
https://www.speedtest.net

I ask again here - Any 2MBPS users getting 4MBPS?

Nope. Cant believe we who are paying an excess of 2.5k per month (hell, im paying 2750 and im STILL FUP'd at a 100GB) are getting absolutely nothing out of this "Speed Upgrade" offer.

https://www.speedtest.net

****ing crap now even night speed is gonne damn airtel getting 512 kbps even in night .

^^ Exactly! Welcome to Airtel! I'm gonna file for disconnection soon.. There is NO FREAKING WAY I'm paying 1500 bucks for a 512kbps connection :/

but how i cant croos even 25 gb cap in 2 days damn them called cc says sir clean yur cookies reboot modem i said i already did that ,puts me on hold on 15 min no response **** airtel goona try evdo if any tower is near

Ill just quote you from 2 pages before:

if u cross limit they have right to decrease speed dude

Back