Airtel Broadband to double broadband speeds by June 2010 #airtelsucks

• Thread starter Thread starter AjayJP
  • Start date Start date
  • Replies Replies 1,204
  • Views Views 171,106
have you checked with the company if double speed would be offered to customers who are 'already' getting double speeds by paying Rs. 100?

From HYD, Just got my 256 kbps Ultd Rs. 699 plan upgraded to 512kbps Ultd for Rs. 100 per month. So now I am on Rs. 799+taxes at 512kbps.
Airtel will be doubling all the speeds so I will be on 1 Mbps for Rs. 799 Ultd.

256 kbps Ultd Rs. 699 plan .. could you please tell me the plan name.. thanks.
Cheers !!

---------- Post added at 07:05 PM ---------- Previous post was at 07:03 PM ----------

upgraded to 512kbps Ultd for Rs. 100 per month. .
CC informed me their is no such plan :(

have you checked with the company if double speed would be offered to customers who are 'already' getting double speeds by paying Rs. 100?

Yes I checked it today itself, they said that my speed will again be doubled when airtel will double it for all. They don't know when it will be done, but said it will surely be done.

256 kbps Ultd Rs. 699 plan .. could you please tell me the plan name.. thanks.
Cheers !!

CC informed me their is no such plan :(

Here are the plan details below (all are unlimited plans):
256kbps - Rs. 799/-
256kbps - Rs. 750/-
256kbps - Rs. 699/-
384kbps - Rs. 699/-

Taxes extra.

You won't believe but airtel has all these plans up and running. If you are on 799 they won't tell you to downgrade to 699 to save money. You will have to call them to get them. I have been on all these above plans in the same city over the period of 3 yrs. I am currently on 512kbps for Rs. 799 (Got my speed doubled from 256kbps by paying 100 extra per month).

I don't know the names of the plans but just tell them the speed and the price they will understand. All plans are for Hyderabad.

@testtest123: What if the above 4 plans you specified have different FUP attached to them? That you will only come to know when your bill comes. Am i wrong?Anyways, 2 EXACTLY same plans cannot be of 2 different price (coz that will be proper discrimination)

@testtest123: What if the above 4 plans you specified have different Fair Usage Policy attached to them? That you will only come to know when your bill comes. Am i wrong?
Anyways, 2 EXACTLY same plans cannot be of 2 different price (coz that will be proper discrimination)

Even If they have any FUPs they won't cost you only your speed will get affected. And for the second point of discrimination, As I said before. I have been on all these plans in the span of 3 yrs so I know things better...:happy:

From HYD, Just got my 256 kbps Ultd Rs. 699 plan upgraded to 512kbps Ultd for Rs. 100 per month. So now I am on Rs. 799+taxes at 512kbps.
Airtel will be doubling all the speeds so I will be on 1 Mbps for Rs. 799 Ultd.

ur already doubled u wont be doubled further.

ur already doubled u wont be doubled further.

Yes it will be, as i said earlier that i have checked it with customer care today and they have confirmed me about this.

Yes it will be, as i said earlier that i have checked it with customer care today and they have confirmed me about this.

hehe its airtel cc lol

testtest123: you are in for a big surprise mate.. you have committed the crime of trusting the most untrustworthy sub-spicies of humans on this planet :P

Back