Airtel Broadband to double broadband speeds by June 2010 #airtelsucks

• Thread starter Thread starter AjayJP
  • Start date Start date
  • Replies Replies 1,204
  • Views Views 171,106
testtest123: you are in for a big surprise mate.. you have committed the crime of trusting the most untrustworthy sub-spicies of humans on this planet :P

lol

There is no use in providing even an 100 Mbps Internet Connection if they don't set the usage limits properly.

Setting a 25GB limit for a 16Mbps connection is totally mindless IMHO.

Here are the plan details below (all are unlimited plans):
256kbps - Rs. 799/-
256kbps - Rs. 750/-
256kbps - Rs. 699/-
384kbps - Rs. 699/-

:O all undercovered plans, how to know about such kind of hidden plans ??

You won't believe but airtel has all these plans up and running. If you are on 799 they won't tell you to downgrade to 699 to save money. You will have to call them to get them.

Seriously man, never heard of these plans. :O

currently i am on Freedom1999 plan, just upgraded couple of months back, When i call CC about double speed thing they simply denied.
i said one of my fiend has that, they said only selected customer will get SMS & they are eligible for upgrade. that too the offer was on January only & not doesn't exist.

Man testest123, you are really the biggest surprise.

If you don't mind can you share the secret (secret words/codes for cc) to double my speed for 100rs.. please...

Someone on twitter just reported getting double speed upgrade for free and on all sites and not only youtube! YAY!

Someone on twitter just reported getting double speed upgrade for free and on all sites and not only youtube! YAY!

where where ?

still dry in delhi feels like LAGAAN NOW paying double bills lol

even i got 2mbps speed on all site i was in 512kbps turbo 1299 plan and by double speed for 100rs i changed into 1mbps and for a day i got 2mbps
(reason i enquired for airtel dth 999rs offer) but i t came back to normal the next day as i didnt go for tht offer!!!

Looks to good to be true, that too in India. Good new for Indian broadband users who have to put up with a mad definition of broadband by the ministry. A always on connection with a speed of 256 kbps. This is good for Africa but not for India - a so called future IT superpower.

It takes ages to upload one's CV sometimes and this is depressing to say the least. Can any of the Airtel broadband user please tell me what download speeds they are getting for the following broadband speeds, so that others on this forum have a real idea of what to expect of Bharti and Mr Mittal.

256 kbps-
512 kbps-
1 mbps-
2 mbps-
4 mbps-

In the newpaper ads they say/claim that with a 4 mbps broadband connection it takes only 10 seconds to download a 5 MB song.

So 5 Mb = 5*1024 KB = 5120 KB = 40960 Kbps in 10 seconds, since download speed is represented in Kbps Kilo bits pers second and not Kilo Bytes per second. This means download speed is 40960/10 = 4096 Kb per second ie 4096/8 = 512 KB per second.

Has anybody tested this in rea life?

Now this article claims that

With a 4Mbps connection users can download a 1 GB movie in 34 minutes compared with 9 hours taken in case of 256 Kbps speed.

The Hindu Business Line : Bharti doubles broadband speeds at no extra cost

So,

1 GB = 1024 MB = 1024*1024 KB (kilo byte) = 1024*1024*8 Kb (kilo bits) = 8388608 Kb worth of data downloaded in 34 minutes.

So,

8388608/34*60 will give us download speed in Kbps ie kilo bits per second, which is approximately 4112 Kbps, which is 4112/8 = 514 KBps ie Kilo Bytes per second.

Back