Airtel Broadband to double broadband speeds by June 2010 #airtelsucks

• Thread starter Thread starter AjayJP
  • Start date Start date
  • Replies Replies 1,204
  • Views Views 171,137
haha. hard to locate one of your earlier posts on the forum. :(

start posting editorials on TW! as we talked about. :)

I might have to commit that heinous crime of googling myself to find it. Thanks to site:broadbandforum.co :D

Last edited by a moderator:
I don't have much hope on Reliance BWA, I doubt they would want to be a direct competitor to Reliance telecom. There is no other big player in the telecom sector now, that's why I was hoping for vodafone's foray into broadband. Hayai seems to be getting delayed further and further, but still it seems to be the only hope for better broadband in India.

Here's an example of FICIX pricing: :::FICIX:::
10GigE port 1000Eur (Rs60k) per month, no traffic fees.

I would just about kill to get a 10GigE port with no traffic fees for Rs60k a month in India. Perhaps Hayai will have to set up it's own peering infrastructure with such pricing.

I can imagine the headlines now... "Airtel announces Hayai-zone connectivity as standard plan feature at full speed".

@ carley.. Thanks for the info and goodluck with ur ISP.... might subsribe to it when it comes here :wewin:

But when :(

That's probably not the right question. We'd have to get agreements from enough players to make it work.

I could go to (for example) Fivenet and say "peer with us, we won't charge you anything if you agree to the same", but for it to really be effective we'd have to get MTNL and the other big boys to do it as well, and outside Mumbai, BSNL as well.

---------- Post added at 02:17 PM ---------- Previous post was at 02:13 PM ----------

@ carley.. Thanks for the info and goodluck with ur ISP.... might subsribe to it when it comes here :wewin:

Where are you located?

If they tell you something different ask them to confirm on email.

I got a response from Airtel by email today. They are saying after FUP limit is crossed the speed will reduce to 'half of the genuine speed'. No numbers mentioned and do not know what they meant by 'genuine speed'....is it the speed before doubled or after doubled ? In any case half cannot drop below 512kbps since my speed before doubled is 1mbps. I have shot them another email asking to clarify if the post speed will drop to 1mbps or 512mbps or 256mbps. They also refuse to state how much GB of data transfer will be allowed within the FUP.

haha. you are just going through the same process i went through. FUP for older plans is not changed. Speeds are supposed to be doubled. Users are likely to drop back to their older original speeds after the FUP. This is what they are trying to say. The new plans on the other hand are a mess.

Bangalore now ... all i need is good pings to Singapore servers which airtel apparently does provide as its routing through Singtel ? no idea..

Back