Airtel Broadband to double broadband speeds by June 2010 #airtelsucks

• Thread starter Thread starter AjayJP
  • Start date Start date
  • Replies Replies 1,204
  • Views Views 171,133
im on 1 mbps for more than a year 1699 plan unlimitedbut from july 2nd my speed suddenly reduced to 512when i mailed and called airtel, they 1st said i had an 100 gb fup, and mite have crossed it in the 1st week of the billing periodwhen i got into this plan ( a yr ago), there was no fup in place..... im pretty sure i download more than 100 gb in a month, always got constant 1 mbps speedthen they call me and say, i have a 25 gb fup for this plan, n thts y it got reduced to 512, and by nxt month the speed will b back.......there is something goin wrong at airtel.....

ooh so they are saying that even the older users with 1mbps plans are now going to face 25GB FUP rather than 100GB which is the official FUP on that plan? hah. airtel has serious issues.

haha. you are just going through the same process i went through.

FUP for older plans is not changed. Speeds are supposed to be doubled. Users are likely to drop back to their older original speeds after the FUP.

This is what they are trying to say.

The new plans on the other hand are a mess.

I am trying to get them to commit in writing because some customers are saying they were told by Airtel post-FUP speed will drops to 256kbps.

Also got a call from them to confirm if I made a request for the double offer.......again refusing to confirm FUP data transfer limits and speeds. Earlier they said it will be activated by 5th July but now they are saying it will be done by month end.

none of the customer care executives hav a single idea of whats goin on.....each one, give my contradicting replies to my mail....

the ppl we call just try to justify whats happening. The thing is we should not listen to them rather make them listen to us.

hehe. i have on records from them on email that all the older plans would be doubled by june-july period. FUP would be 100GB for 512k and 1mbps plan. speeds would drop back to the older speeds after 100GB. in other words. 512k plan would become 1mbps. speeds would drop back to 512k after 100GB download. 1mbps plan would become 2mbps. speeds would drop back to 1mbps after 100GB download. i bet this is also going to remain a dream in the coming months. they have created a mess with unclear policies.

hehe. i have on records from them on email that all the older plans would be doubled by june-july period. FUP would be 100GB for 512k and 1mbps plan. speeds would drop back to the older speeds after 100GB.

this is valuable piece of evidence, don't let go of it

FUP for older plans is not changed. Speeds are supposed to be doubled. Users are likely to drop back to their older original speeds after the FUP.

Isn't it what we all have been waiting for... :impissed: I have kind of given up on the double speed that Airtel promised since no 1 has any concrete info about it at Airtel. And now they send a new leaflet with the bill saying we will get 3 hours of 2mbps speed free every month !!!!

there website is in a mess. the PDF files on most sections showcase the older plans.

and the PDF file on the IPTV section had incorrect information. not sure if they fixed it yet.

---------- Post added at 02:38 PM ---------- Previous post was at 02:37 PM ----------

http://www.airtel.in/IP-TV/images/Final%20TRAI-Format-C-for-NCR-&-Delhi-for-June-10.pdf

nope. not fixed yet. i informed them about this weeks ago. they agreed that there are some mistakes. they have not fixed them yet!

Back