Airtel Broadband to double broadband speeds by June 2010 #airtelsucks

• Thread starter Thread starter AjayJP
  • Start date Start date
  • Replies Replies 1,204
  • Views Views 171,130
well it looks like they have given up on india. they are expanding internationally. investing heavily. why look abroad where the domestic market is still hungry enough?

one question will they succeed with their stupid fups abroad ? Abroad rates are i guess more less than here i maybe wrong.

mmm airtel is essentially a mobile service provider right?

:)

---------- Post added at 12:31 AM ---------- Previous post was at 12:31 AM ----------

they acquired a company in nigeria. :D

:| so like they quiting providing broadband services after spending so much on 3g ?Nigeria:rolleyes: what are they planning there ?

well i assume that most companies acquired 3G for voice and not for broadband delivery. so i am not expecting exciting prices for 3G services in the country when they arrive later this year. BWA on the other hand is largely for broadband delivery. so only reliance is in a position to do something awesome with it. and since its reliance industries and not reliance infocomm... there is slightly more hope. :D anyways, there are enough hints that reliance is aiming for corporate customers and not consumer segment.

:P 3g will fail in india if not used with broadband.Voice is limited option for recovering what they payed to get it . I dont see lot of people using it for voice except metros .

3G gives them more spectrum for voice calls. there is already too much congestion on mobile networks. cheap 3G would result in a similar situation to that of AT&T in the USA. Apple had to restrict several mobile services to Wi-Fi as 3G on AT&T could not handle them properly. Even FaceTime is currently disabled on 3G. for the same reason.

:thumbsup: got your points but mobile companies need to bring better smart phones out in india for us to use 3g.The way Nokia treats india i really feel 3rd world country :wall: .

there are enough 3G phones on sale in india. in fact 3G phones have been selling in india for a long time now. in fact i know a couple of folks who have updated their devices 2-3 times after owning a 3G phone. and i think 3G phones are as cheap as 5-6K in india these days. though usable devices are still a bit pricey. LG Cookie has touchscreen devices priced at 7K and above. Not a big fan of these though. Cheaper Android based devices start at 15K. I am not a fan of Nokia. they have always treated india like a third grade country. Launching N900 after it was pretty much made a generation old at prices matching that of brand new Android devices... I still hate a Nokia phone i paid 15K for... It became worthless after just one year of usage because of poor build quality.

i actually wanna try andriod now maybe . I used lot of Nokia now i like them for the build for some reason or maybe i am lucky mine never get any problem 5800 works like smooth after about 18 months of use. Being touch i expected it to give me problem after an year max !

Back