Airtel Broadband to double broadband speeds by June 2010 #airtelsucks

• Thread starter Thread starter AjayJP
  • Start date Start date
  • Replies Replies 1,204
  • Views Views 171,128
well touchscreens are much better these days. much better than the HTC Windows Mobile device my friend bought 2 years ago. But i am not very impressed however. I have to take excessive care of my N1. moisture can kill it. too much of force can kill it. i cannot keep it in jeans pocket. it is a headache! on my trip to vaishno devi... i did not even carry it with me. because of sweating. :Pi carried my old Nokia. the unit i am waiting to die. :D

on my trip to vaishno devi... i did not even carry it with me. because of sweating. :P

When you went out for 4 days last week, is that where u went? I went there too, wonder if we had crossed path.

we were in vaishno devi from the morning of 2nd july till afternoon of 3rd july. :D

neh. it was way too tiring for me. friends went there. i came back directly after darshan. the last two kilometers pretty much decimated my legs. in fact, i can still feel the pain. showcases how unfit i am. :)

same with me. Had planned to go there but my legs gave up when i reached there. At what time did u get to the darshan. Mine was exactly right after the aarti. You should have seen it man. There was almost a REAL stampede there. People were ready to kill each other to save time. I was lucky to make it alive after that. :S

hehe. we were lucky to have landed there by 5:45. there was very little rush. it hardly took us 15 minutes to get the whole thing done (entering the game and coming out of the gufa). in fact, this was the best darshan ever. there was no hurries. the cop inside did not push us out (as they do generally during heavy crowds). the pitthu had warned us to reach there before aarti. i could notice that a lot more people were going up while i was coming down. the sad part was that we started our climbing during the heat of the afternoon. it was too hot at times. got a lot better by the evening.

It took us 4 hours to get darshan we stood in live at 6:15, waited till 8:30 for aarti to end. And then the stampede thing happened. All in all line started to move at around 9.

That was one hell of a experience. The kind that makes u doubt humanity. :(

---------- Post added at 02:25 AM ---------- Previous post was at 02:24 AM ----------

it took you 12 hours to reach up? damn. It only took 5 for us. We didn't exactly rush too.

hehe. well you waited for the aarti to end. in that time a lot of people added on to the line. i have been in that situation before. is not nice. that is why we had planned to get it done with before the aarti. it turned out to be great for us as we were really tired by the time we had reached up there...

and well we have had several instances of people dying at religious places :( due to people just creating a stampede :(

mmm. it did not take us 12 hours to reach up.... we landed in VD at around 10am. we booked a place and had breakfast and started the climb at around 1! so it took us around 5 hours as well. :D

---------- Post added at 02:30 AM ---------- Previous post was at 02:29 AM ----------

in fact i was the one to reach the top last. my friends had done the paperwork and bought the prasad and taken the bath by the time i reached there :P i was walking at my own pace.

:frown: thats just not right did u call and threaten to disconnect if u dont get yur old plan back

between got a call from airtel presence after 3 emails he told me that my speeds will be doubled by 15 th with 100 gb limit i have recorded the call for future use if i need to :)

so it worked?????

---------- Post added at 04:34 AM ---------- Previous post was at 04:30 AM ----------

i had no fair usuage in my plan

as i said earlier , ive been using 1699 1 mbps unlimited plan for more than a year

they had put a fup of 25 gb into this plan last week ...... with no mail or phone notification

and they said, 2 mbps upgrade is not free for all, only for selected customers, whom they hav earlier called , and who dont download much.....

this is ridiculous, i cant pay 1900 for 4 days of 1 mbps and 27 days of 512 kbps

do u guys know any better plans or ISP i can switch to...

bsnl, reliance, anythin, fed up with airtel

they can't just change your plan anytime,just call them and threaten them,they will change your plan back

also the double speed is free,they make all kinds of excuses.if you started believing them then they will do anything they like.tell them that its for everybody and you know people that have got speeds doubled and AIRTEL's media statement also proves it

---------- Post added at 04:35 AM ---------- Previous post was at 04:34 AM ----------

3G gives them more spectrum for voice calls. there is already too much congestion on mobile networks. cheap 3G would result in a similar situation to that of AT&T in the USA.

Apple had to restrict several mobile services to Wi-Fi as 3G on AT&T could not handle them properly.

Even FaceTime is currently disabled on 3G. for the same reason.

facetime has been disabled as AT&T can't handle it but other operators with other phones are doing this

Back