Airtel Broadband to double broadband speeds by June 2010 #airtelsucks

• Thread starter Thread starter AjayJP
  • Start date Start date
  • Replies Replies 1,204
  • Views Views 171,113
I wrote a mail to airtelpresence mail id the other day blasting them for not upgrading me from 1mbps to 2mbps, I was called by the customer service to say that they will look into the matter. I got a subsequent call saying that having discussed it with his senior, they are ok with the free upgrade to 2mbps immedietly but the FUP FOR 2MBPS will be 30GB, and post 30 GB I will get 1mbps unlimited. I pushed strongly for 100GB FUP with 2mbps but inspite of the 2 days he took in between, he came back saying going by the company policy it is just not possible, and that 30GB with 2mbps is the limit. Yes, 1mbps after this FUP with no limits subsequently did sound better overall speaking, that is better than what I have currently at Rs.1699/1mbps/100GB, but have yet to make the final decision and revert to him. Any inputs?

For the same price of Rs.1699 you are getting 30GB extra at 2mbps and unlimited GBs at 1mbps....that is a sweet deal. Go for it before they change their mind.

I am also on the same plan and I have been trying to get them to commit something like this since July 1st but they keep replying with vague details. In one of the replies they even said it will be reduce to 256mbps after FUP limit is crossed.

i guess airtel has gonne insane in simple terms.I think since yu from gurgaon they told they can upgrade u but they cant upgrade me because of technical problems and since i am on turboo 1299 my speed wont go above 2mbps too, so whats the problem in upgrading shit airtel excuse factory at the moment and their service has gone too bad this month i have to register 5 complaints this month only on downtime and problems .Desperately need hayai like service now to teach these players customers make them what they are !

Upgraded from 512 to 1024 but back to 512 after 100 GB FUP. Still a week to go for the next bill date.

Back to 512 kbps for just a day it seems. Even the usage says 104 GB i'm getting back my 1 Mbps

can any body tell me what is response time solving issue in Airtel . The customer care executive telling me the response time by 29 July. and today is 22 july. ref no for this call is 148147097 , the executive name is Rahul. i am frusted with Airtel and this is a new connection. can anybody tell me the procedure of disconnecting the phone. it is better to go with BSNL if i have to wait in this manner.

I wrote a mail to airtelpresence mail id the other day blasting them for not upgrading me from 1mbps to 2mbps, I was called by the customer service to say that they will look into the matter. I got a subsequent call saying that having discussed it with his senior, they are ok with the free upgrade to 2mbps immedietly but the FUP FOR 2MBPS will be 30GB, and post 30 GB I will get 1mbps unlimited. I pushed strongly for 100GB FUP with 2mbps but inspite of the 2 days he took in between, he came back saying going by the company policy it is just not possible, and that 30GB with 2mbps is the limit. Yes, 1mbps after this FUP with no limits subsequently did sound better overall speaking, that is better than what I have currently at Rs.1699/1mbps/100GB, but have yet to make the final decision and revert to him. Any inputs?
What speed were u getting in 1699 before the upgrade? 1Mbps day and night so u should be on 2mbps day and night. The same is with the 1299 plan. We have been upgraded to 1 Mbps day and night and after 100GB the day speed will be 512 and night remains 1mbps.

Had mailed the Airtel Presence team and just received a call from them today. They have assured that the speed upgrade on my 1 mbps plan would be done by 24th July, 2010. He gave his name & other details as well and assured me same would be done by then and just in case it doesnt happen, I shud contact him again. Lets hope it is done by 24th...

Had mailed the Airtel Presence team and just received a call from them today. They have assured that the speed upgrade on my 1 mbps plan would be done by 24th July, 2010. He gave his name & other details as well and assured me same would be done by then and just in case it doesnt happen, I shud contact him again. Lets hope it is done by 24th...

Tell him that u want ur night speed also to be upgraded.

Airtel suxx...
I m going for reliance http://www.rcom.co.in/Rcom/personal/internet/postpaidcombo.html
thats awesome..
600 kbps @ day n 1 mbps @ ni8 ..
n truly unlimited.. no **** usage policy...
wat du u guys say.. plzz reply..

Good deal if there is no FUP limits. I feel 600 mbps is a bit too slow so I would prefer the 1mbps day/night for Rs 1099/month

I am not sure of Reliance's service is as good as Airtel's otherwise I dont mind switching to them immediately. Probably I will try them out for a couple of months before terminating Airtel connection.

hi friends i think airtel updated my speed my plan is Explorer 1099 384kbps day and 1mbps night old speed, now they updated i think getting 2mbps at night let see in day :thumbsup:

Back