Airtel to offer FUPed unlimited local/STD landline calls for Rs. 49/99 per month

• Thread starter Thread starter Sushubh
  • Start date Start date
  • Replies Replies 66
  • Views Views 20,391
On airtel BB I was offered
300 std calls @99 rental
Unlimited local @ 199
base plan was 799/- for 9 GB 2mbps

I am right now using std plan, should I call them to ask if there is new offering for calling?
source of this info please so that I can tell them.

Now again I talked to another CC.This time he responded according to news @99 all local std unlimited.This is for broadband customer.One more thing you have not to exceed 150 individual numbers in a month

just called airtel and activated new 99 plan (unlimited STD local < 150 No.).
No FUP of calls.
Actually they know that people now a days like to whatsapp/ facebook rather than calling.
they will earn huge rental by 99/- per customer.

confusion !!
Just got a call back from airtel regarding activation and I again asked about any limit on the calls.
He told me that one number should not be called more than 150 times in a month!!
I told him that earlier I was informed that number of Nos. called should not be more than 150.

cant airtel go simpler?

On their website. Hyderabad plans.

Vj6WQE1.png

Looks like airtel have come up with better plan thatn bsnl.
Its not very useful to have night unlimited. Its better to rather pay 49 and get 5000 fuped calls per month.

DLvmNBy.png

so this is a problem lol. 1000 free calls is just local so my dad ended up adding to my airtel bill. i wonder if i should subscribe to the 99 rupee topup. :|

My usage under 99 rupee top up was 850 calls and 90% calls were std. It was used fully by us still 850 calls.
No extra charge for any call, only 99 rental.
Good plan.

So Rs. 99 has both local and std right? i am thinking of trying the 8GB plan for a month. my dad might manage in that data. and i am guessing google finance etc. should still work at 512kbps in case he ends up hitting the fup.

the issue is that airtel would take back the free D-Link router so i would need to buy my own. dlink is a piece of crap so i guess that's not a bad idea.

service tax would be charged at 14% next month so the invoice would go even higher. though by around 25 rupees :D

Back