Airtel Xstream Fiber Broadband in Patna/Bihar

Did anyone try to ask to change their gateway or route from Lucknow to Kolkata? I have asked their team and now waiting for their response. At first, they assigned that ticket to LCO for changing the router. :ROFLMAO:

Last edited:
yup I got in touch with a different person from airtel on the 16th and he told me that his engineers are working on it and it will be fixed by the 15th of may. I can give you his mobile no. if you want
15th of may :) woo I'm excited to see those low pings . Let's hope for the best

Did anyone try to ask to change their gateway or route from Lucknow to Kolkata? I have asked their team and now waiting for their response. At first, they assigned that ticket to LCO for changing the router. :ROFLMAO:
I dont think they have a gateway in kolkata. It doesn't show up in ookla.

we just need a server in either bihar or jharkhand to reduce the ping between us and the gateway. We have an additional 40ms because of the distance between us and the gateway being so large.

You guys can test your pings to GCP as google has invested a lot in local infra and if it good enough for you purpose, put in some money collectively and host a VPN on GCP for your latency sensitive uses (Video calls, gaming,etc)

@Realme Our gateway ping is around 45-50ms always. What I believe is that the only solution is to have a better route or a new Airtel server near us.

Back