Australia vs India, 7 ODI & a T20I series

• Thread starter Thread starter ashish
  • Start date Start date
  • Replies Replies 354
  • Views Views 28,950
Cricket "expert" Nayan Mongia was trying to be weather expert as well on some news channel defending BCCI (which is first job these days of all retired Indian Cricketers).
But he was right, this is not rainy season in India, and after September rain is over in most part of country, and hence BCCI was not wrong in organising this series without considering chance of rains.

the question is, everybody knew 4-5 days back the match at cuttack is impossible but they didn't shifted the venue in advance. that's the folly

So if match gets cancelled money is not refunded to ticket buyers. That's some bs. BCCI is making people complete fool and we are obliging.

^ Good point. But the question is, who should be dropped for him to replace? Dhoni ain't gonna drop Raina and as a matter of fact he has only given him much more priority by promoting him up the order. Only Yuvraj, in case if he goes on yet another rough patch, would probably be dropped. Then Raina can take his usual role of a finisher or the number 5 spot. Also considering Raina's weakness for shit pitched balls, he can't spend much time at the crease which he is contemplating about. He is the most easiest batsman that the bowlers can get out within 5 balls or so, by setting him up. We also saw how Yuvraj was set up by Johnson at the first game @ Pune, who is considered to be one of the best players of the short ball. I don't really see how the move of promoting Raina up the order is going to click especially abroad. We need Pujara who plays with some sense and who has a solid technique.
http://www.espncricinfo.com/india-v-australia-2013-14/content/current/story/683269.html

Another stunning encounter series levelled at 2-2. Cannot believe they chased 350 again i really thought today they won't win but then again virat bats this way 350 looks like nothing.

Back