Australia vs India, 7 ODI & a T20I series

• Thread starter Thread starter ashish
  • Start date Start date
  • Replies Replies 354
  • Views Views 28,951
Its high time they handed back 1-2 things back to fielding team - like more overs for 1 or 2 bowlers, more bouncers or bring in modified version of supersub.

Biggest problem is using 2 new balls, no chance of reverse swing and spin.
And who the hell frames these rules like only 4 fielders outside in the death overs.
And people complain that there is too much slogging in ODIs
Team should be selected after toss, it lets teams to play by strengths.
Bowlers need to get more power like more bouncers

If selected yuvi will have one final chance in banglore. his fielding too was sub par yesterday,. rayudu must be eager to take his place

Are you missing raina? Both of them don't know how to play bouncers and in Australia & New Zealand(WC) you know what you're getting.
But seriously the rule for fielding restrictions is just ridiculous, I've said it before as well.

I dont think except India any other batting team would chase down 350+ scores in ODI, if you look at other teams no one has such a strong batting line up like India. They chased down 320 in 40 overs against SL at Hobart and now two 350+ chases against Aus in India. Being said this, their bowling line up also seems to be the weakest, not many teams would give away 350+ runs consistently. The rules are in place for quite some time now, except when India plays no other team is scoring as much runs or giving away these many runs in 50 overs. So cant say its because of the rule change we are seeing such scores in ODI cos the rules are same for every team and had it been so every match we would see scores of 600+ scored in 100 overs.

These new rules are really finishing ODI cricket .. If administrators want to finish off the game then they might as well abolish ODIs and keep T20s and Test matches .. There has to be an equal balance between bat and ball .. The way the spinners were being hit yesterday was pathetic to say the least .. All our 3 spinners were murdered yesterday and they are much better bowlers than that ...
Dhoni yesterday said looks like 350s are the new 280-300 and he himself warned that if this continues cricket will become monotonous and boring to watch .. They have to revert back to 5 fielders outside the circle and one new ball only so that spinners and reverse swing comes back into play ..
As far as raina and yuvraj are concerned they should be given an extended run as they are a main part of team India and if both are removed India can forget winning the 15 WC as players like rayudu and dinesh kartik are not good enough for international cricket .. Many were against Rohit sharma but see today what fine knocks he is playing ...

Like test match, allow all fielders outside the circle in last 10 overs.Running twos will become important, boundaries will be difficult, attempts to hit sixes will be there leading to wickets...

v1v14n said:
I dont think except India any other batting team would chase down 350+ scores in ODI, if you look at other teams no one has such a strong batting line up like India. They chased down 320 in 40 overs against SL at Hobart and now two 350+ chases against Aus in India. Being said this, their bowling line up also seems to be the weakest, not many teams would give away 350+ runs consistently.
Very well said :D

Indian batsmen are the best hitters when it comes to flat tracks. They are the worst as well, when there is movement. I won't be surprised to see these batsmen fail, if there is movement. They make flat batting wickets, and then complain about bowlers getting whacked all around the park. Batsmen come down the pitch every ball, they know there wud be no uneven bounce. As curator of mohali said, these are vulgar pitches.

That's what it is, it all depends on the pitch at the end of the day. You prepare turners or a green pitch, then even if u have 3/4 fielders outside the 30 yard circle you will not see such scores in ODI. There should be enough in the pitch to help both the bowlers and batsman.Since the rules changes have taken place except in India, I cant think of such huge scores being made and chased successfully in any other country so often, twice in 5 matches.

Back