Australia vs India, 7 ODI & a T20I series

• Thread starter Thread starter ashish
  • Start date Start date
  • Replies Replies 354
  • Views Views 28,951
his series average is under 6 with 7 wickets.
i guess now coulter-nile will play his 2nd ODI

Next time when its Australia vs India, Aussies should have Johnson, Tait, Pattinson/ Starc, everyone wud bowl 140+. Indian batters wud feel troubled irrespective of how the pitch is.

Ashish said:
btw, how are banglore pitches? do they aid spinners or pace bowlers
Batsmen friendly for sure. Initially the ball might do a bit for the fast bowlers. I'm not sure,especially at this of year that there would be any spin at all. My take is that team batting second, irrespective of the total should win the game. Very silly of CA to let go of Johnson.

Apparently, they are purely serious about the tests especially the Ashes which they(ENG & AUS both) consider bigger than WC, rather than meaningless ODIs.They don't care whatever be the result of this series unlike India which favours ODIs.

johnson had not played a single ashes test this year. moreover they recalled him only 1 day earlier of the final & decisive match. that doesn't makes any sense. bowling just another 8-10 overs would not had broken his back

But he is a probable this time as the likes of James Pattinson, Mitchell Starc, Jackson Bird and Pat Cummins all struggling with back injuries.So, they need some back up in a hurry which they took.

World cup started in 1975, while Ashes started in 1880s. So they have set their priorities straight. There is no higher achievement in the life of an English or an Australian player than to play and win an Ashes test series. It is very personal. I started watching Ashes since 2002-03, I was in ninth grade I guess. But, I became a hardcore fan of Ashes and a supporter of Aussie team since the historic 2005 Ashes series, which was won by England after 17 years. I remember during that ashes series, India and west Indies odi series was going on. Everybody in my area were watching the Ashes series, not india's matches. It is the best cricket you get to see, irrespective who wud you like to win the series. And honestly odis have lost their charm. England doesn't take odis seriously at all. T-20 is responsible for the condition of Odis. And the new rules have made Odis even lamer. If there are such high scoring games go on for long I might stop watching Odis altogether.

it may be your personal opinion about odi's, but all the matches are sold out. even TRP ratings are pretty good for the bilateral series. honestly ODI's are bashed unnecessary, but they always prove to be a sellout and bring trp's

Not indulging in Odi's v tests debate. But I will always prefer watching ashes over odis. The fun of watching the intense battle in ashes is remarkable

Everyone has their own preference like i don't watch any t20's be it ipl or international but i do acknowledge they are growing more popular and are people flock to the grounds to watch it.
I am for pro choice whatever people will like will flock to watch it.

Back