Bad news for Tata Sky DTH Customers

• Thread starter Thread starter sky_gazer
  • Start date Start date
  • Replies Replies 233
  • Views Views 44,341
I bought a DTH thinking it is revolutionary, and will bring about a big change in the industry.. But who knew some big corporate house like Tata was going to do this.. No more DTh for me..Tata Sky new channel package rates.. Inflation to creep up.. Left to take notice of it :)Nothing can be done except disconnection.. Tata to Tata :wall:I dont know what am i going to answer to all who bought TataSky after my suggestion, I guess i will only have to keep asking sorry :wall:I'm Doomed :wall:

If i was one of the moderators, I would have removed all the threads that support Tata Sky at this point in time.. Only hate threads would have been here..Very Very disappointed with TataSky and my choice of choosing it over cable..

If i was one of the moderators, I would have removed all the threads that support Tata Sky at this point in time.. Only hate threads would have been here..
Very Very disappointed with TataSky and my choice of choosing it over cable..

Where are all those Tatasky supporters, marketing members and all those refferals? All come and console our member. Because of your posts many were misguided in buying Tatasky. This should a lesson to all who thinks they know everything and reccomend the same to others.

Meanwhile i make certain calculations:

The total cost of all channels on Tata Sky:
455 for 130+ channels including the active services, add 30 to that if u want the active learning, all this for a degraded DVD quaity sound and picture, No active sports service, No multi camera angles as they still have it on their website + brochures.

For the same price [455] i can get 80+ FTA channels for 100Rs + 70 other pay channels on local cable STB offered to me for free.
To fcuk with the so called DVD quality sound and picture. TO fcuk with stupid customer care, TO fcuk with Vikram Kaushik and his marketing team who comes out with surveys that they take amongst their own group of employees [I'm only assuming a huge crowd, this may even be smaller].

Only reason i moved from cable to DTH: Revolutionary service, no problem with the cable guy, Active services, etc etc..
Now why i think cable is better: The fight with cable guy lasted not more than 1 week, immediate changes could be made.
In TataSky: they send u automated replies, give u a call not justifying the change but with methods to avoid the change. WTF!

I'm only waiting for the balance on it to be over, If it was low, i would have got a STB in my house long back and done away with tatasky.

Where are all those Tatasky supporters, marketing members and all those refferals? All come and console our member. Because of your posts many were misguided in buying Tatasky. This should a lesson to all who thinks they know everything and reccomend the same to others.

There is nothing to console here. I have learnt a lesson and i think so would have others too.. No more DTH for me, analyze before u buy anything is going to be on my mind for life.. Thanks to TataSky :thumbsup:

One more suggestion to TataSky

Change ur logo to:

Atleast people will think :hysterical:

TO fcuk with stupid customer care, TO fcuk with Vikram Kaushik and his marketing team

:thumbsup: :thumbsup: :thumbsup:

In Tata Sky: they send u automated replies, give u a call not justifying the change but with methods to avoid the change. WTF!

I told the same about their Template and told you not to waste time. Still :(

Sorry for the repost guys, I want most of our members to do this.
This thread has more subscriptions so a repost!!

Guys I have sent the following mail to the following Media mail id's

goergo.in -> contactus
[email protected]
[email protected]
[email protected]
[email protected],
[email protected]
[email protected]
[email protected]
[email protected]
ndtv.com -> feedback section

Edit:

New Id's:
[email protected],
[email protected],
[email protected],
[email protected]

Edit 2:
Even more mail id's
[email protected],
[email protected],
[email protected],
[email protected]

If u guys can do the same, we could attract media attention
Quote:
Regarding the article on ESPN Tata Sky Conflict:

Sir,

ESPN has done the right thing by issuing a public notice to this, as correctly said by ESPN, People's concern on the issue should have been taken. TataSky subscribers did want a reduction in prices, and modlarity in packages. But what TataSky has done is that it has brought in modularity, but the actual cost of the packages stand much higher than what it used to be. Taking my package as the example:

South Jumbo: Rs.350 per month + 199 Per year for the Neo
add on pack.[Previously]

Rates wef June1, 2008:

South Jumbo : Rs.310 per month
Neo add on pack: Rs. 30 per month or Rs.300/annum
[I stand not affected till september 08 as i had subscribed to it annually initially, but will have to pay the amount after sep 08]
Sports platinum pack: Rs.40/Month [Star sports, Espn, Star Cricket]
Lifestyle silver: Rs. 30/Month [BBC channels]
Ten Sports: Rs.15/month [A-le-carte]

A total of Rs.425/Month, An increase of Rs.75 per month.

Add to that Rs.30 per month if i subscribe to life style gold pack.

SO TataSky has managed to create public interest by telling that the actual prices have been reduced, but a simple math would tell u that the actual prices have increased by an astounding 30%.
We have been trying to voice our opinions in all ways possible, but have not been able to make an impact, U can visit Tata Sky DTH - India Broadband Forum to read more about what the customers feel after buying Tatasky.

Another issue, if Tatasky claims ESPN of not following TRAI guidelines of offering channels on a-le-carte, I would ask the same question to tatasky,

Guidelines say, All DTH companies must operate a toll free line, While TataSky maintains a paid line.
When asked about this, the CC of TataSky teels us that it is only a guideline and not a ruling, we will do it when Trai enforces it.

All our mails and phone calls in this regard, receive template sort of replies, No one is ready to talk on why was this kind of packages made.
Please voice our opinion through ur correspondents, Dont let tataSky off the hook, For even further details please contact me on -edited-

Kunal

Mailing Tata Sky won't help. Mail to the newspapers/government for better consumer protection.All DTH providers should have interoperable equipment so that switching from Tata to Dish to Big TV should be just a matter of calling their installation staff to change the direction of the dish.Only in an environment of true competition can we benefit otherwise Tata Sky can hold us to ransom by asking for an additional Rs. 45 per month.They know that the only other option is to get a whole new set of equipment from Dish TV and pay the hardware/ installation costs again.

If i did not had the balance in my TS account i would definetly would have recharged with TS some period or would gone to other alternatives which is available to me:thumbsup:. If this attitude continues from TS i am sure very soon they will face customers not recharging their TS account.....

I feel like crying today, had got Tata Sky for my parents from my first salary and today I feel dejected and cheated, I will never ever use TATA’s product in my life.

Mr.Kaushik why don’t you tell Ratan Tata to develop Nano car and also make some kind of oil which only can be used by Nano, there by ensuring that people have to buy your fuel only, and keep increasing the cost of the fuel whenever you feel like. I can just summarize 1 thing Tata believe in making suffer the Indian consumers so that they can buy huge companies out of India, this is totally shit !

I hate TATA’s..!! :mad:

Back