Bad news for Tata Sky DTH Customers

• Thread starter Thread starter sky_gazer
  • Start date Start date
  • Replies Replies 233
  • Views Views 44,341
so what r u all upto? whats the latest movie u all watched?
:)

What ever we watch we still remain the same. Anyway I watched Kuruvi and fainted. Before that a stupid movie called Billa.

We going off-topic here?

Finally some reply..

I had written a mail to the TN Nodal Manager:
Hi

This is in reference to the speculation over the new channel packages of Tata Sky.
After having not received convincing replies from the customer care i decide to write the same to u.

I have heard there are going to be new channel packages wef 1 june 2008. I'd like to know what the prices of the new packages are going to be. I have heard i would be costly for the customer who wishes to buy all the channels, Working out to around 475 a month..

If that is the case, Its a loot.

I had contacted the CC, If i change my pack to annual pack, will i still be recieving the same channels like i do now?
I received a positive reply, but only when i asked something in writing, they fail. If u r sure about something make sure that reamins like the letters on a rock.
If Tatasky is deciding to hike prices, customer still has an option to subscibe to annual pack and save money, u should give a minimum of 15 days time for the customer to decide, rather than enforcing the same on the customer.
We are in a democratic country, and are not going to accept anything from capitalist parties like TataSky.

One more clarification: Can u please send me detailed clarification on how and why the packages are formed. Who decides and the reasons behind forming each pack.

I always try and make suggestions at the end of my email. This time i will nt, I know everything apart from the suggestions will be read. Customer means no body to tatasky. Oops! sorry, I mean old, existing customers mean no body, New customers is all that tatasky wants.

The dropping of rates of tatasky has meant that i cannot sell my STB to anybody and get something out of deactivation. Well done!

TataSky has the best marketing team around the world! No reduction in price for dropping 14 zee channels.. But adding 5 channels to Lifestyle pack and charge 30Rs a month. Great!

Thanks and Regards
Kunal
Reply:
Dear Mr. Kamdar,

Greetings from Tatasky.

This has reference to your mail dated 23rd May, 2008.

With regards, we would like to inform you that the details on the new package will be available on the web portal DTH – Tata Sky DTH in India, Leading Satellite Television Provider in India, DTH service by Tata Sky post the launch of the new packages. However, with growing popularity and subscriber base, we have introduced different packages basis the needs of our own subscribers. We have launched different alternative combinations and an option to subscribe to the packages of your choice keeping in mind the interests of our subscribers. You need to pay only for the packages that meet your requirements. We have been adding channels based on the popularity and demand. We have added channels like Zoom, UTV Bindaas, NDTV Good Times, UTV movies under the add on packs. We have also introduced various interactive services such as ACTVE Learning, ACTVE Stories, ACTVE Astrology, ACTVE Darshan and ACTVE Cooking.

In the event of you opting for Annual subscription to the base package, we would like to confirm herewith that you will be entitled to channels currently available on the base package in case you are subscribing to the same before 31st May 2008.

We appreciate your effort in taking time to write to us and thank you for your feedback which we accept in the spirit of continuous improvement.

Should you have any further clarifications, please feel free to write to us.

Warm regards

Nodal Officer
Tatasky Limited
As always, they want to keep things a secret.. :@
No clear answers except the annual subscription info.. It is benefiting them na..
I hate TataSky and its customer service.. :wall:

Still i have doubt guys. We shouting in forums only. No one raise to correct person.

Raise your comments with what you had, and reply to TRAI. Make full their mail boxes. Don't worry about whether they looks are not. Full the mail box every week. Also find other mail box and do the same. This is the final solution.

[email protected]
[email protected]

Have to wait for 1st June 2008 i guess..Countdown Begins: 4 days to go.Shushub, if u can add a contdown timer for june 1 :)

Now, possibly the Worthy channel in Tamil DD Podhigai is gone.... my dad is very disappointed as he used to watch some programmes on dd podhigai in the early morning... podhigai have some video rights of many cultural festivals in tamil nadu.. now we cant watch it... from my point of view, I am not worried that much abt podhigai, but still i need it becoz my dad wants it... I still going to stay with TS becoz i ve paid initially 4000 for stb.. is it worth throwing it in one year... ? i dont think so.. i ll still be with TS for atleast another one to one half years... until that still many changes can happen and i ll be hoping for it...:wall:

Finally some reply..

I had written a mail to the TN Nodal Manager:

KUNAL iam glad u took the trouble to write to nodal but iam also not hopeful after the reply.

AIRTEL and VODAFONE have APELLETE authority if u r not satisified but Tata Sky doesnt so what else can we do?:cry:

It is better late than never. If you are unhappy with Tata Sky then throw it in the dustbin. Crying for the channels removed won't bring those channels back.

Back