Bad news for Tata Sky DTH Customers

• Thread starter Thread starter sky_gazer
  • Start date Start date
  • Replies Replies 233
  • Views Views 44,341
yes they should have reduced the base pack to the same extent... this is the first time I regret for taking TS. :(
me too:wall:

From where i left till this time, There has been a lot of discussion..I'm happy with something.. TS is changing.. More packs to choose from,I'm disappointed more, Platinum pack at 75Rs.. WTF.:wall:. the same is available for 15RS on cas.. That means 60Rs extra for active service and digital quality.. If whatever said by Sky Gazer is correct, this is something i'm going to do..1. Call my cable operator and book a STB2. Subscribe to the Add on pack channels on the STB.3. Subscribe to the base pack channels on TS till my balance of 1500 Rs is over..4. Disconnect if no positive moves by TS.5. Use the same STB to recieve FTA channels from DD Dth.. Or put my Digicomp for sale on ebay..6. Blog about the same in all my blog sites and make others aware.7. Call some people at News24, I hope the links work, and tell them to make a story on the same.Thanks to Tata Sky for making me realize that they are not worth it. :thumbsup:End of discussion :(

what will happen for the present people who have opted for Sports Gold Pack,Will they automatically move us into platinum pack???
If u have subscribed for sports gold pack you will receive it till september 31.. because we ve subscribed for 1 year... so i think the same...

3. Subscribe to the base pack channels on TS till my balance of 1500 Rs is over..

Thanks to Tata Sky for making me realize that they are not worth it. :thumbsup:
End of discussion :(
I cant do that as i have a got a balance of Rs. 4200 with TS and just this sunday i have opted for super saver pack paying Rs. 3000 so will be with TS for at least for another 18 months to erase the balance at any cost i will not leave my cable along with CAS stb.

hey sky gazer where r u???:ashamed:plz step in nd give us the exact rate package nd put an end to the confusion here........wat will happen to the people already subscribed the sports gold pack?????i paid around RS.199 just 4 seein matches in neo sports wich were already been showin on dd free f cost...(ya i know was mad to do so but had no clue of their bad programmin)....and now the whole money will be waste????nd even if the sports gold pack is retained den it wud mean 2 MN SUBSCRIBERS END UP PAYIN AROUND RS.90/- PER MONTH(rs.75 for plati nd 199/12 months for sports gold) 4 gettin the feed of all sports channels.......:wall:isko laga daala to life barbad kar daala....:rofl:

Hey guys...the BIG TV site has been launched. More shocking news for Tata Sky. The offering seems to be a BIG indeed, despite Anil Dhirubhai being a newbie to this business. Wonder what Rupert Murdoch and Ratan Tata's plans would be now. Is it TA TA for Tata Sky?

That means 60Rs extra for active service and digital quality..

Thanks to Tata Sky for making me realize that they are not worth it. :thumbsup:
End of discussion :(

CAS is also digital. Those CAS stbs are digital and you will get all the channels even fta on cable in Digital through the STB. Eg.Podighai will be available both in analogue cable and also digital through CAS STB :thumbsup:

5. Use the same STB to recieve FTA channels from DD Dth.. Or put my Digicomp for sale on ebay..

STBs are locked :yahoo: You can't use it receive FTA channels. Moreover you need some knowledge to move the dish to receive DD dth.

Oh great, inflation has hit DTH now.I had shifted cities and was just about to apply for Tata Sky when I saw this. Now I will have to wait until they clear the new super saver package rates soon.

I think aboslutely no tamilian will go for TS now and they should not go for it and we all also should not recomment TS to any one. I think drastically sales for TS in southern market will be down. I hope TS learns from there mistake and cut the base pack price of each package by Rs. 75

I think aboslutely no tamilian will go for TS now and they should not go for it and we all also should not recomment TS to any one. I think drastically sales for TS in southern market will be down. I hope TS learns from there mistake and cut the base pack price of each package by Rs. 75

Everyone will be affected and not just Tamilian. Rs.75 is not a great amount for the DVD quality with 1.4mbps bitrate. Moreover we don't know whether they might add new pacakages. Why coming to a conclusion?

Back