Best Antivirus Application - Suite

• Thread starter Thread starter ogtripleog
  • Start date Start date
  • Replies Replies 611
  • Views Views 152,441
I MY ANITVIRUS USED 2 CHANGE WIT EVERY FRESH RE-INSTALL OF WINDOWSTHESE R THE FOLLOWIN I HAVE TIRED ::1. KASPERSKY2. NOD323. NORTON ANTIVIRUS (PACK)4. ZONE ALARM (PACK)5. McAFEE (PACK)CURRETNYL I M USIN ZA .. WIT FIREWALL .. WIT REGUALAR UPDATES .. WORKS LIKE A CHARM !!

next time check out active virus shield. but stay with ZA if you want firewall as well...

using avg 7.5 free. it works with the latest windose also !

Been using NOD32 now for a good 5 years, along with Outpost firewall. No problems with them pesky bugs no more. :P

Nod32 for me too! for the reasons already said!! :)but 2nd best on my list is Bitdefender...... i left it coz of cr**k**g problems!

I use NOD32 for realtime monitoring and keep AVG updated in case I need a 2nd opinion for a suspicious file that comes out clean with NOD32. My take on a few AVs:AVG: Overrated. Touted by a lot of blogs/sites coz it's free. I've known it to overlook infected files on more than one occasion.NOD32: Has worked well for me so far and generally fares very well at the official AV tests some sites conduct from time to time. Occupies around 20MB RAM & 0% CPU at most times, which is fantastic. It does peak the CPU during scans but that's understandable. [rant]Norton: Like any Symantec product it's a LOAD OF CRAP. I have not known a single product released by them, other than Norton Commander... DOS based file manager from the 80s ;) that doesn't make mince meat out of your system. You'll have files sprinkled all over your system and it will also create hundreds of entries with reckless abandon all over your registry. It will never (repeat: NEVER) cleanly uninstall itself from your system. If you mistakenly remove one of its "unnecessary" components from startup the whole software will become nonfunctional and a simple reinstall will not fix it. You'll end up downloading step-by-step instructions on how to manually remove its components from your system after which you have to perform another (slow/bulky) install. The cherry on the cake is that Norton is not even faring so well at actual virus detection tests these days. If you have NAV installed on your system you should immediately schedule an appointment with your doctor and get you head tested for a very different kind of virus. [/rant]I'm curious about Kaspersky since some of you have rated it so highly but since I broke my head fine-tuning NOD32's command line switches and feeding them into various apps like Winzip/Winrar/IDM I'm just too lazy to make a switch.

Hey people what do you think? Which antivirus has now become the leader of leader's. Vote it out

Back