BSNL 3G: Suggest Me... Huawei K4505 (or) Huawei UMG1831?

• Thread starter Thread starter vmsanandh
  • Start date Start date
  • Replies Replies 193
  • Views Views 67,738
I am from Navi Mumbai. I recently bought a UMG 1831, But faced lot of difficulties. The price I paid was Rs.3900, from a Cochin delaer. Initially it was not connecting with any Sim card. I downloaded latest mobile partner, flashed the modem with the help of the supplier. Even now I am not happy with the modem BSNL 3G gives only 684 kbps download speed. I will try with MTNL 3G card tomarrow. But the experience is bad.

I am from Navi Mumbai. I recently bought a UMG 1831, But faced lot of difficulties. The price I paid was Rs.3900, from a Cochin delaer. Initially it was not connecting with any Sim card. I downloaded latest mobile partner, flashed the modem with the help of the supplier. Even now I am not happy with the modem BSNL 3G gives only 684 kbps download speed. I will try with MTNL 3G card tomarrow. But the experience is bad.

1 = you have paid excess money for the modem
2 = do not use mobile partner, use t-mobile webconnect manager (if your modem has tmobile logo)
3 = you are greedy bcoz you want even better speed (dude 684kbps download speed is mind blowing with wireless connection man)

I also have ICON 225 modem, which is only 7.2 mbps. I get 1.2 mbps download speed with the same sim card. I am happy with ICON instead of Huawei UMG 1831.I knew that I paid more. I tried Mobile partner as well as t-mobile web connect manager. ( Modem has T- mobile logo.)

I also have ICON 225 modem, which is only 7.2 mbps. I get 1.2 mbps download speed with the same sim card. I am happy with ICON instead of Huawei UMG 1831.
I knew that I paid more. I tried Mobile partner as well as t-mobile web connect manager. ( Modem has T- mobile logo.)

i agree icon is a good modem too. however you cannot compare it with a 1831 considering your personal experience. i guess you have the signal tower i your area has a max limit of 2.5 mbps (like in my case). icon is capable of giving 4mbps speed without any probs if the tower in enabled with such speeds. try reinstalling the webconect manager.

1 = you have paid excess money for the modem
2 = do not use mobile partner, use t-mobile webconnect manager (if your modem has tmobile logo)
3 = you are greedy bcoz you want even better speed (dude 684kbps download speed is mind blowing with wireless connection man)

I disagree with point 2. Mobile connect is far better and more stable than T-mobile connect manager. Just update the dashboard and you'll have the latest mobile connect software compatible for UMG 1831.

I disagree with point 2. Mobile connect is far better and more stable than T-mobile connect manager. Just update the dashboard and you'll have the latest mobile connect software compatible for UMG 1831.

very true, do a firmware update using file from below url. i get better signal strength after the update, thus better speed

Huawei T-Mobile UMG1831 Modem Software

I agree with netguru and merc, i am using the latest firmware and the mobile partner, have not faced any issues till now interms of connectivity. Only issue is the slow speeds which is more to do with bsnl than with the modem.

guys.. anyone from chennai can confirm this whether it works near keelkattlai... i would like to try this.. please post the speed also what u get in keelkattlai. thanks

i got the my UMG 1831 yesterday, as it was late i cudnt get the BSNL sim yesterday but today i will and let you know....yesterday i tried with my AIRCEL GPRS (Pocket Internet).... the speed was not so good... i got to download about 11 MB in 24 min time...... (but in download symbol the spead i was getting around 50-160 KBPS)The T-Mobile Dialer seems to be not so user friendly, i tried many times to connect; but after connecting in 3 seconds its disconnected and gives "Multiple Broadband connection not allowed" and its got terminated.... were as with Mobile Partner i made it... it was good then T-Mobile Dialer this is my personal experience....

Back