BSNL Bharat Fiber new broadband plans (30mbps/100mbps/200mbps/300mbps) [September 2020]

BSNL is launching 4 new plans as follows 30Mbps@449, 100Mbps@799, 200Mbps@999, 300Mbps@1499. I don't know anything about FUP at the moment.

Fibre Basic​
Fibre Value​
Fibre Premium​
Fibre Ultra​
Speed
30Mbps​
100 Mbps​
200 Mbps​
300 Mbps​
OTT
Nil​
Nil​
Hotstar Premium​
Hotstar Premium​
Monthly Charges
449​
799​
999​
1499​

Source

Last edited by a moderator:
I requested for plan change on both online and offline but still not plan change.What to do pls help me..

I have been using BSNL Broadband. Due to some construction work, their underground cables got damaged and I'm without Internet for last 4 days. Been going to Telephone exchange, calling "JTO", Linemen for 4 days but to no avail. Today at Exchange, a guy there himself suggested switching to Fibre from Broadband, saying it's less prone to fault, has quicker resolution of issues and has better plans, the usual sales pitch.
My broadband plan has been 4GB CUL. Want to know if switching to Fibre is worth it in terms of speed and reliability and usual QoS or is it going to be same 'desi tharra' in Fibre bottle? Would a switch from broadband to fibre be seemless or is it going to be akin to getting a new connection? If latter the case then how much it would cost? Monthly bill shows 2500/- as Security amount deposited. Can it be adjusted against installation charges, if any?
One last question, out of BSNL, Airtel and Reliance Jio, does anyone offers truly unlimited plan, i.e. no FUP, no bandwidth Throttling?

Fibre connections usually have lower latencies and higher capacities. Plus, with no concept of “noise” on the line, the experience is better. But reliability depends upon the ISP, not necessarily on the type of connection. For instance, when I had BSNL FTTH, it felt like it was more reliable than my previous DSL connection, but it doesn’t come close to the reliability or QOS on Airtel FTTH, which I’m currently using. Again, your experience may vary.

As far as I know, installation charges vary from place to place for BSNL. About the security deposit, the people at the exchange would be able to confirm more accurately.

No ISP offers a truly unlimited plan. All plans are capped at around 3.3TB.

@Jayzdev I am also from jamshedpur.
In BSNL office(Bistupur) they will ask for application with the stamp and signature of your LCO.I had submitted my application yesterday again as they had declined my previous application cuz there was no stamp of the LCO.My 100 mbps plan got activated with-in 30 min. of the submission of the application.
BTW who is your LCO?

they will ask for application with the stamp and signature of your LCO
This shows how out of control BSNL offices are throughout the country.

Each one acts as it's own authority, has it's own rules, as if it's somehow independent from the central offices. Imagine going to your LCO to get their sign and stamp and then back to BSNL for f sake to get a simple plan change.

In BSNL office(Bistupur) they will ask for application with the stamp and signature of your LCO.I had submitted my application yesterday again as they had declined my previous application cuz there was no stamp of the LCO.My 100 mbps plan got activated with-in 30 min. of the submission of the application.
BTW who is your LCO?
are you getting full speeds??

BTW who is your LCO?
Why would they want the stamp of LCO? He is merely a contractor hired by bsnl to maintain fiber lines.

Back