Google Nexus 4

• Thread starter Thread starter Sushubh
  • Start date Start date
  • Replies Replies 621
  • Views Views 45,876
well why would you pay a premium for a device which you would need to hack to make it work like the cheaper version?

android lets you make voip calls using wifi. i think t-mobile is blocking that feature. i am not exactly sure.

T-Mobile says its Nexus 4 won't provide WiFi calling, makes a stronger case for going unlocked -- Engadget

so it is basically a crippled device being sold at a premium :D

From what i know wifi calling is not the normal VOIP calling like skype or viber but it is something tmobile has their own wifi calling app or something and you need to have a tmobile account to get that working. Not sure if wifi calling uses the airtime minutes allocated or it is free. But it is most probably different from skype and viber etc.

well why would you pay a premium for a device which you would need to hack to make it work like the cheaper version?

That too is right.

heh. They prolly needed Tmobile logo on the phone. But it's not a "hip" brand AFAIK.

right. just read the reports. apparently two bands are supported. neither of these would work in usa. surprising why google did not reveal it if it indeed worked in some international markets.

well the phone was launched in several markets together... and if they have the exact same model on sale in these markets... it does not make sense why not reveal 4G support on some bands.

Back