Google Nexus 4

• Thread starter Thread starter Sushubh
  • Start date Start date
  • Replies Replies 621
  • Views Views 45,875
I have a quick question.
A friend is in the US, and is planning to buy the nexus 4 from there. WIll he need to activate the phone from there itself, or can it be activated using any indian provider from here? If activation in india is not possible, how can he activate it in USA, assuming the phone is bought from the Google play store?

Am I also correct in assuming that the nexus 4 from USA will work on any 3G band from any indian provider?

there are no activations on gsm nexus devices. it boots like a regular phone.and yes, all gsm nexus devices have worked with 3g networks in india from what i understand.

I highly doubt the X-phone would be priced anywhere close to Nexus. What's your take?

It's not far. I'd suggest waiting. Plus if anything that was leaked our the X Phone is remotely true, it'll be a good buy.

I guess so. But I am very interested in seeing what Motorola has in store for us. That's why I am not going for the N4 even though the Indian deal is pretty good.

As far as price is concerned, I really can't say. Around 30k I guess.

I just checked. The friend is coming back first week of june so I guess he wont be around for the motorola release. Also, he doesnt want to spend more than 20k for a phone and wants a recognised company so that leaves only Samsung, LG, Sony and HTC on the list.
I initially suggested Samsung Galaxy Grand duos, because its a decent mid range phone apart from the resolution (considering indian brands are out). But obviously, a nexus 4 at the same price is a better deal.
Are there any other options he can look at from the above companies? The LG optimus L9 looks like a decent deal, but I havent seen it/tried it out myself and cant recommend it based only on online reviews.

Back