Google Nexus 4

• Thread starter Thread starter Sushubh
  • Start date Start date
  • Replies Replies 621
  • Views Views 45,875
WOW. Nexus 4 for 199 and 249 USD. Even with the horrible exchange rate thats really cheap.http://www.androidpolice.com/2013/08/27/breaking-nexus-4-price-drops-by-100-199-for-8gb-249-for-16gb/

Hello Everybody
I am planning to buy the phone after seeing the price cut and switch to Android platform once again.
Before that can somebody clarify my following concerns.
1) How was 4.3 upgrade experience? as i have read in internet that 4.3 update was very buggy.
2) Till when i would receive updates for this phone as it is became considerably older :( ?
Only catch in switching to Android Platform of applications is its In-App banner Ads. :(
I hardly see In-App banner Ads in iOS platform as of now, the situation might change once iAd's release.
Fortunately most of the app i use is prominent and mainstream app, which doesn't reply on banner ads for profit.
I hope Google would add configurable app permission like iOS very soon.
I hope as long as we use latest version of Android and non rooted phones, we don't have to rely on any Antivirus app for our mobile phone.

[*]I have found no other issues except bad Bluetooth A2DP audio quality which was present since 4.2, for which a fix is available on XDA. The issue is persistent across all Nexus devices I guess.
[*]It would probably get 5.0 and maybe a version after that. But considering it's a Nexus, future builds would be easily available unofficially via custom ROMs.
[/list]

As far as an ad free experience is concerned, you can always pay for the app and get an ad free version. App devs also need to feed their families.

Back