Google Photos

b2c7f969fb2853d4255bd9aa2fd39285.jpg

The pictures of the three circled folders appear under 'Camera' in the Photos app.

This is not the Google Photos app :|

Obviously. This is the normal Gallery, and that's why these 3 folders appear separately.
What do I post from the Photos app?
The max I can post is the screenshot of the 'Camera' folder in the Photos app with all pics in red due to privacy reasons. Will serve no purpose as all that you'll see is the Camera title with red patches all over the screen! [emoji14]

The main purpose of the screenshot above is that the three circled folders appropriately appear distinct in every Gallery App (Stock Gallery, CM Gallery, QuickPic), except the Photos app.

25f6f66d6d242f9efd3be68d2c108afa.jpg

Have a look at this screenshot.

The first pic in the Camera folder actually exists in the Cymera folder.

The first pic of the pizza exists in the camera folder so that's fine.

But the second pizza pic (third pic of Camera) actually exists in the Cymera folder.

And just now figured out that there is one more folder too.
Camera, Cymera2, Downloads, and Facebook, all appear under 'Camera' in the Photos app and thus those pics get synced too.

I just added a .nomedia file for now in those folders. At least that prevents those pics from getting backed up.

BTW how many people here are using it?

Is it identifying faces? For me, only the location and the things categories show up.

And even the 'Locations' are slightly weird. I have an album named Raksha Bandhan, and the Photos app shows those pictures under a location called 'Bandhan'.
Also shows some random pics of my college trek in the same 'Bandhan' location collection.

I just started using it. I already use other cloud services for backing up photos, but Google's interface is worlds better compared to anything else on the market that I have used. I'm paranoid about what sort of tracking they're going to do with the photos I upload there, so only uploading screenshots for now.

Couple of pointers after wasting a lot of time in the official support community.

Free tier optimize all images and videos.
Paid tier use storage for all images and videos.
Face Detection is a US Only feature right now.
No support for comments, +1s.
Sharing is only based on links. No account is needed. Anyone who has access to the link can check your shared content.
You can disable shared links. But you cannot track who has access to those links or who accessed your content.
People with access to your shared links can add that content to their own Google Photos with a single click.
Auto Enhance is now manual. Auto Awesome still exists. Lots of effects appear to have disappeared.
There is still no deduplication.
There is still no collaborative albums.
There is very little information about photos shown.
You cannot edit any EXIF data about the photos. You cannot tag images. You cannot caption images. You can however describe images.

Does google store the photos in original resolution if we choose "Unlimited Storage"?

Back