Hayai Broadband Launch Today (October 26 2011)

• Thread starter Thread starter Sushubh
  • Start date Start date
  • Replies Replies 1,199
  • Views Views 189,768
Status
Not open for further replies.
Yes. Even if you get a 10000 gbps connection, you might still get a lag to the US. its physics. data can travel only so fast.find some singapore servers to play.

so wait, i'd get a 20mbps or even a 100mbps data pay-per-gb plan, i might still get lag to a server in the US!?!

There's no "might" about it: you WILL get lag to the US. 150ms is pretty close to best-case scenario and not a pingtime I'd consider suitable for gaming.

The server i'm always connected to is in NA,and i can obviously see a lot of difference when i'm playing @ 2mbps and when i cross my FUP and speed goes down to 256kbps( :( :( ) , but ^^ sounds like it's not going to be as big an improvement as i'm hoping @ a 10 times faster connection ...??

I'm not entirely sure what you were expecting, but that's roughly the jist, yes. We can improve your ping times to a certain extent, but if you want

i guess NA means North America

Hrm. That's pretty broad then. You can get anywhere from 150-800ms pingtimes in the US. Some places are just awful as far as connectivity is concerned.

i see..i shouldn't expect the lag to disappear,but i guess i'd be happy with about 150ms ping..should lag much less then..the server is in the US only,but whoever hosts the game,we download game data from him through the NA server. if we play on the japan server,neither asians nor americans lag on it but the japan server sucks so..Metal Gear Online,PS3..

i see..i shouldn't expect the lag to disappear,but i guess i'd be happy with about 150ms ping..should lag much less then..the server is in the US only,but whoever hosts the game,we download game data from him through the NA server. if we play on the japan server,neither asians nor americans lag on it but the japan server sucks so..Metal Gear Online,PS3..

150ms is pretty much the best case scenario to the US - if the host is in the midwest or east coast, pings of 300ms wouldn't be unusual, and that too on a good day, assuming the host or host's ISP is well connected.

In any case, I'd highly recommend against playing on American servers simply for the reason of proximity, doesn't matter whose connection you're on. I know plenty of gamers who'd kick you from their game for having a ping that high.

If you're asking me, I won't tell you for privacy reasons and all that other stuff.

oye no wasn't asking u lol it was general open forum question if anyone wants tell who has got Hayai :D ( I doubt anyone would wanna hide they are using Hayai :P )

ok, but i'm thinking if i get 0.8mbps from my 2mbps connection,i should get much higher speed with 20mbps! that could reduce the lag..and i did the math, speed of light=3*10^8m/sdistance=10000miles(say) =16100km=16100000mso time @ speed of light =16100000(m)/300000000(m/s) =53ms ....what am i missing here??

has anyone got their connection working?? coz i'm dying to see the speedtest and pingtest results!!

@virtueso -- Its not just about distance.Its also about how many hops it takes, the congestion level on the different networks it routes through. Remember its not a straight fibre cable from your premises to the datacenter in the US.:cyclops: For 50ms pings you have to be in the US of A.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back