Hayai Broadband Launch Today (October 26 2011)

• Thread starter Thread starter Sushubh
  • Start date Start date
  • Replies Replies 1,199
  • Views Views 189,777
Status
Not open for further replies.
Features for gamers come by default, and we're having some game servers hosted in our own data centre for the purpose, but in addition to that, there are thousands of gameservers around India and the rest of the world which people use.

However the reason we can have special day-trader plans is because for NSE/BSE/Sharekhan etc we can add low latency static routes for these account holders, as there's only a couple of places we need to send traffic. As you can imagine, we can't do this for game servers outside of our network.

Also, on the day-trader account, things like torrent are actively prevented during the plan's active hours because BT has extremely bad effects on ping times, which would defeat the purpose of the plan.

Perhaps you could have great routing for residential connections and have pings like 170 for the Europe (some parts at least?) and 250 for the US (some parts, as usual) and that would be awesome. (I'm more towards latency than speed)

I'd still love to give up torrents if such plan does comes up :)

Perhaps you could have great routing for residential connections and have pings like 170 for the Europe (some parts at least?) and 250 for the US (some parts, as usual) and that would be awesome. (I'm more towards latency than speed)

I'd still love to give up torrents if such plan does comes up :)

Again, that sort of thing comes "by default", there's no special feature involved here. As far as actual ping times to Europe, well, we'll do what we can short of breaking the laws of physics and subject to what we can actually control. What I mean by that is, if there's congestion or some other problems outside our network, there's not much we can do about latency or speed to anywhere, even within India.

@mgcarleyJust a couple of qstns more :P1) U said ur trader plans have static routing. What about fault tolerance in such cases? Would it not be a worse situation than dynamic routing? And how do u handle it then? Coz i will be stuck big time.2)I do not trade through any of those trading websites. We have NSE developed software that routes our orders straight to NSE without going through the broker's servers. So what would u do in thsi case?? Would u create a table entry for that as well or is it limited to the top brokers websites only? (Since most hni/big traders don't go through the websites)3) Since ur charging more for the sme plans i m assuming u wud provide priority service for any downtime or wud it be handled the same way as a residential service.4) Wud u provide a residential connection and a sme connection at the same location?Sorry for bugging u ..but i needed to knw since i badly need a decent connection.

@mgcarley
Just a couple of qstns more :P
1) U said ur trader plans have static routing. What about fault tolerance in such cases? Would it not be a worse situation than dynamic routing? And how do u handle it then? Coz i will be stuck big time.

It would be a combination of QoS and static routing - I don't think there's anything wrong with static routing - essentially we would be putting BSE/NSE/etc inside a walled garden. Fault tolerance is achieved through redundancy on our side.

2)I do not trade through any of those trading websites. We have NSE developed software that routes our orders straight to NSE without going through the broker's servers. So what would u do in thsi case?? Would u create a table entry for that as well or is it limited to the top brokers websites only? (Since most hni/big traders don't go through the websites)

I think I mentioned that we'd set up routing directly to whereever it needs to be routed to, including direct routes to the BSE/NSE or anywhere else.

3) Since ur charging more for the sme plans i m assuming u wud provide priority service for any downtime or wud it be handled the same way as a residential service.

Yes, it's handled with higher priority than residential, as is the actual traffic, but SME plans are the only type that do NOT come with an SLA.

4) Wud u provide a residential connection and a sme connection at the same location?
Sorry for bugging u ..but i needed to knw since i badly need a decent connection.

Potentially, yes - if the premises that the connection is going to is a residential premises. If it's a business premises, then no.

@ mgcarley: If Hayai is in testing phase, please provide me one connection atleast. Let it be in testing and also charge me , but I am fed up of other Service Provider :(

@ mgcarley: If Hayai is in testing phase, please provide me one connection atleast. Let it be in testing and also charge me , but I am fed up of other Service Provider :(

Sadly, we're not in testing phase. Connections will be provided come Diwali.

Sadly, we're not in testing phase. Connections will be provided come Diwali.

Wow !!! Gr8 .... When is Pre-Launch Booking gonna start ??

Wow !!! Gr8 .... When is Pre-Launch Booking gonna start ??

Probably around beginning of October.

Sad for me. After waiting for the launch of Hayai so long, I guess I just will not get it.Have to shift to Pune by month's end. I know that Hayai is also launching in Pune but then I will not have a stable residential address for a while after moving. I will probably have to go for Tata Photon + or Reliance Netconnect usb stick.

Avoid Both. Beacuse I got very negative feedbacks from my friends of Pune who are using Reliance and TATA .

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back