Hayai Broadband Launch Today (October 26 2011)

• Thread starter Thread starter Sushubh
  • Start date Start date
  • Replies Replies 1,199
  • Views Views 189,777
Status
Not open for further replies.
Probably around beginning of October.

Should we start the countdown??? 103 days to go for Diwali.

A friend of mine uses beam, he gets like 150ms to france, while i get like 190~250 on the same location. It just all because of fiber which doesn't get affected to surroundings, like copper do.. so that's alone a big advantage :]

A friend of mine uses beam, he gets like 150ms to france, while i get like 190~250 on the same location. It just all because of fiber which doesn't get affected to surroundings, like copper do.. so that's alone a big advantage :]

It's not the copper that causes that, if anything it'll be because you're on DSL. If you have a good line, you could ask the provider to turn off interleaving. This will reduce your ping by about 20ms.

is DADAR west is covered in mumbai, as my bro too wants connection?

Yes.

Hi mgcarley, are you planning to launch it anywhere in NCR region. I am planning to shift back to NCR soon and might relocate as per the availability of the service. Any areas within NCR if not Delhi planned during the initial launch in Diwali. ?One more question. Will you provide static IP or dynamic IP? Most webmasters would opt for Dynamic IPs I suppose rather than a static one. Beam provides static IPs I heard and will Hayai also provide static or dynamic IPs instead. Or would there be an option to choose between static and dynamic.

Most webmasters would opt for Dynamic IPs I suppose rather than a static one.
I think it should be the other way round.

Hardly any webmaster would host their website on their own computer with the internet connections and reliability in India. They would rather host in a host in US or Europe where their websites would be hosted in datacenters with proper backup etc. So, static IP is hardly used by webmasters. The reason of Dynamic IP is due to IP limits or being banned sometimes. For example, if you need to bulk test pagerank of many websites for example your competitors then your IP might face a temporary limit at Google. SEO especially needs Dynamic IP as the IP needs to be changed often if there is temporary block etc. at a service. In file hosts too, sometimes when downloading files changing IP would end the wait time if there is a long wait time. So, a dynamic IP is always helpful compared to a static one.

I think it should be the other way round.

Hi mgcarley, are you planning to launch it anywhere in NCR region. I am planning to shift back to NCR soon and might relocate as per the availability of the service. Any areas within NCR if not Delhi planned during the initial launch in Diwali. ?

NCR was going to be included in the initial launch at Diwali, but it has too many problems (logistics), so it will be launched in stages after Diwali.

One more question. Will you provide static IP or dynamic IP? Most webmasters would opt for Dynamic IPs I suppose rather than a static one. Beam provides static IPs I heard and will Hayai also provide static or dynamic IPs instead. Or would there be an option to choose between static and dynamic.

We are providing IPv6 IP addresses only - they could be static or dynamic depending on the plan. Residential customers are most likely to get dynamic IPs, Business customers are most likely to get static IPs.

We are not buying more than a couple thousand IPv4 addresses so we won't be dishing those out to customers except in exceptional circumstances where they're absolutely needed.

Hardly any webmaster would host their website on their own computer with the internet connections and reliability in India. They would rather host in a host in US or Europe where their websites would be hosted in datacenters with proper backup etc. So, static IP is hardly used by webmasters. The reason of Dynamic IP is due to IP limits or being banned sometimes. For example, if you need to bulk test pagerank of many websites for example your competitors then your IP might face a temporary limit at Google. SEO especially needs Dynamic IP as the IP needs to be changed often if there is temporary block etc. at a service. In file hosts too, sometimes when downloading files changing IP would end the wait time if there is a long wait time. So, a dynamic IP is always helpful compared to a static one.

Typically hosting is prohibited by the T&C of most ISPs on a residential connection anyway. As far as we're concerned, it's probably OK for personal use (like your blog or something), but not for commercial use (like if you plan to sell webspace).

For freelance web developers it would be OK for the purpose of testing/demonstration so that the client can see it by visiting somesubdomain.no-ip.org or whatever, although if you're going to visit the client for the purpose of demonstration, localhost is much better. You couldn't point an AAAA record of some permanent domain to your IP address and expect it to work for very long.

As for Google's temporary limits and downloading from those websites which keep track of your IP address (link-removed etc) then a simple IP release/renew would likely fix any problem there.

NCR was going to be included in the initial launch at Diwali, but it has too many problems (logistics), so it will be launched in stages after Diwali.

We are providing IPv6 IP addresses only - they could be static or dynamic depending on the plan. Residential customers are most likely to get dynamic IPs, Business customers are most likely to get static IPs.

We are not buying more than a couple thousand IPv4 addresses so we won't be dishing those out to customers except in exceptional circumstances where they're absolutely needed.

Typically hosting is prohibited by the T&C of most ISPs on a residential connection anyway. As far as we're concerned, it's probably OK for personal use (like your blog or something), but not for commercial use (like if you plan to sell webspace).

For freelance web developers it would be OK for the purpose of testing/demonstration so that the client can see it by visiting somesubdomain.no-ip.org or whatever, although if you're going to visit the client for the purpose of demonstration, localhost is much better. You couldn't point an AAAA record of some permanent domain to your IP address and expect it to work for very long.

As for Google's temporary limits and downloading from those websites which keep track of your IP address (link-removed etc) then a simple IP release/renew would likely fix any problem there.

That was all I was saying .. so it would support IP release/renew or in other words a Dynamic IP .. that is all I need... you got the point ;)

Everything sounds great and I do not need any static IPs and I would never host on my own computer even for hosting as that also opens up a bit of security risk for my own system. I have hosting in US/EU etc. like any other webmaster and would use them even if needed for testing. Anyways for testing I can force the DNS in my hosts file if I do not need to actually make the site live on the hosting and so that is not a problem. I would never use the connection for even personal blogs or client tests and that is for sure.

So, are there no plans anywhere within NCR like any part of Noida, Ghaziabad, Gurgaon, Faridabad or Delhi during the initial launch. Please keep updated when you would launch anywhere near Delhi or any of its surrounding areas (within NCR region) as I am quite serious about relocating to that place if needed for the internet connection.

So, are there no plans anywhere within NCR like any part of Noida, Ghaziabad, Gurgaon, Faridabad or Delhi during the initial launch. Please keep updated when you would launch anywhere near Delhi or any of its surrounding areas (within NCR region) as I am quite serious about relocating to that place if needed for the internet connection.

We were going to launch in Noida and possibly Gurgaon, but like I said, NCR is a mess and we don't think it'll be 100% sorted by October whereby we could actually have something operational. We might have some infrastructure installed by then, but not operational.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back