Hayai Broadband Launch Today (October 26 2011)

• Thread starter Thread starter Sushubh
  • Start date Start date
  • Replies Replies 1,199
  • Views Views 189,777
Status
Not open for further replies.
1. Diwali
2. Late September - Early October
3. Yes - how many seats is your business?

Only 1 seat, I have a small office space where I work alone :disapointed:
But i might just take one plan for my home & move my work back to home.

But i would like to ask you 1 question, on your business strategies.

Usually I've experienced ISP's who are not big like MTNL & AIRTEL Etc, they start out at in small locations first & then expand when their business was up to its full potential in that area. Why did you chose to start your ISP all over Mumbai from the get go?

why dont you take a residential connection?

why dont you take a residential connection?

I am not sure if i would qualify as a residential customer or a business one, hence asking MG. What Qualifies for a business connection?

can you provide connection in all the areas of mumbai or you just covered few areas?

So far just a few but we can theoretically get to almost anywhere in Mumbai without too many issues. There are a few places we can't get to easily, and a few others we can't get to at all - fortunately this is the minority though.

Is Thane going to be covered in the initial launch? Its right next door to Mumbai!

No, but we'll spread there quickly since our current coverage ends in Mulund.

So far just a few but we can theoretically get to almost anywhere in Mumbai without too many issues. There are a few places we can't get to easily, and a few others we can't get to at all - fortunately this is the minority though.

That would take 1 More year .. right??

No, but we'll spread there quickly since our current coverage ends in Mulund.

I thought posh areas would be covered first. Thane has lot of malls and stuff... AFAIK..

That would probably be OK.

But i would like to ask you 1 question, on your business strategies.

Usually I've experienced ISP's who are not big like MTNL & AIRTEL Etc, they start out at in small locations first & then expand when their business was up to its full potential in that area. Why did you chose to start your ISP all over Mumbai from the get go?

We kind of are doing it that way, just we are trying to have as many pockets of access as possible, so that expansion is rapid yet manageable. We are not blanketing Mumbai from day-1 by any means, but we are trying to make sure we can get to as many locations as we possibly can.

I am not sure if i would qualify as a residential customer or a business one, hence asking MG. What Qualifies for a business connection?

Depends on 1. The type of premises 2. The bill payer (private person or limited company) 3. The number of seats.

1. If your connection is being provided to a business premises, we will not provide a residential connection to it. The title of the premises should be in the name of a family or trust and not a business unless it's accommodation provided by a business to staff (such as those societies owned by BSNL or WR or HDFC for their staff) for the purpose of living and not working.
2. If the bill payer is a company/partnership, we will not provide a residential connection.
3. If the situation is more than a home office (eg, you have staff), we will not provide a residential connection.

If the premises is a place where a family (or bachelor/bachelorette) sleeps, eats dinner, watches TV etc then we will provide a residential connection. If you're on your own at home earning some income over the Internet or whatever then you're probably OK.

----------

That would take 1 More year .. right??

Who knows. Mumbai is an ever-changing city.

I thought posh areas would be covered first. Thane has lot of malls and stuff... AFAIK..

Last time I was in Thane I had to take an auto from Thane station to the nearest CCD it was so far. And that wasn't even in a mall. Though that may be a completely different part of Thane to where the malls must be. Areas being covered first are the areas where we have seen/heard the highest demand as well as those areas where we've had lots of co-operation.

May god knows wen you'l Launch and when you'l Serve entire mumbai Forget about rest of the cities.

I will like to know more about the definition of a Business Connection?What will the type of connection provide to following type of Professionals working from Home?1. Doctors Having Clinic at Home and employing staff.2. Lawyers Operating From Home and Employing staff.- Like Office Cum Residence3.Chartered Accountants working from home and employing staff.

May god knows wen you'l Launch and when you'l Serve entire mumbai Forget about rest of the cities.

Diwali and over the following days, weeks, months & years.

I will like to know more about the definition of a Business Connection?

What will the type of connection provide to following type of Professionals working from Home?

1. Doctors Having Clinic at Home and employing staff.
2. Lawyers Operating From Home and Employing staff.- Like Office Cum Residence
3.Chartered Accountants working from home and employing staff.

We have 3 levels of business connection for this reason. If businesses like the ones described employ staff and are using the connection for business purposes, they should probably have an SME connection, as per my #2 point above.

If they are not using the connection for business purposes (eg, mostly at night) then they may be best off with a residential night plan anyway. If they don't use the connection for residential purposes (eg, they never use the computer at night), then our SME day plans would be suitable.

It's entirely possible that someone could take a residential connection in this case and then one day they might call us up because, say, the line is down. If it were to turn out that the connection is vital to their business, then their connection would be switched from residential to SME plan because it would be clear from where we stand that the connection is primarily for business use.

Fortunately, the cost difference between our residential and small business plans are, in many cases, minimal.

mgcarley said:
Diwali and over the following days, weeks, months & years.

diwali ? 2012? 2029?? a clear date would be advisable cause as u might know Indian calender moves diwali according to the moons position so it could be in sept late or early October ...

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back